What did you do with your Tundra or Sequoia this weekend? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm here so keep posting!

I was on vacation last week and I've been recovering from that this week but I promise to keep my thread updated. I might even do my rear shocks tomorrow if I'm feeling frisky.

New to the tundra group, recently purchased a 2006 Tundra, 4x4, access cab with front bench seat, black leather interior at 255000 miles. It has the LSD but no TRD stickers. I just did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, bearings, fan bracket, hoses, serpentine belt and denso radiator (255050 miles). PO said he done it 40k/4years ago but I noticed dried anti freeze near the thermostat housing so decided that I may as well get it done. Glad I did, found a lot of dried anti freeze in the timing belt area. I have to admit I have a 99 LC and have done the timing belt twice on that but the Tundra was a hell of a lot easier due to more room in the engine compartment. Also did front diff fluid and synthetic oil change . Looking forward to eventually building it (slowly).

New to the tundra group, recently purchased a 2006 Tundra, 4x4, access cab with front bench seat, black leather interior at 255000 miles. It has the LSD but no TRD stickers. I just did the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, bearings, fan bracket, hoses, serpentine belt and denso radiator (255050 miles). PO said he done it 40k/4years ago but I noticed dried anti freeze near the thermostat housing so decided that I may as well get it done. Glad I did, found a lot of dried anti freeze in the timing belt area. I have to admit I have a 99 LC and have done the timing belt twice on that but the Tundra was a hell of a lot easier due to more room in the engine compartment. Also did front diff fluid and synthetic oil change . Looking forward to eventually building it (slowly).
Pic or it didn’t happen...

Still going through some maintenance stuff. Installed extended sway bar links and did cv boot mod, inner boot was very loose with factory clamp and slinging grease. Repacked and installed new hose clamp. Got my rear air springs dialed in with a 2" extension bracket. Sorry no pics of that right now.

View attachment 1927492

Those SuspensionMaxx extended links are excellent and worth every penny. After my lift went on, I was getting terrible clunking from the end links. These fixed it, and it rides and handles great. No longer feels like the front end is coming apart.

Those SuspensionMaxx extended links are excellent and worth every penny. After my lift went on, I was getting terrible clunking from the end links. These fixed it, and it rides and handles great. No longer feels like the front end is coming apart.
Yes, I'm loving them. Really enjoying the move from the 80 to the Sequoia. I get more enjoyment adding fun rather than fixing frail parts...

Used my tundra to tow my 80 to the beach this weekend

IMG_20190318_105619_988.jpg

Recently noticed a little slop in the front steering and found that my 2003 Tundra needed a right front inner tie rod. Both wheel bearing were a little rough but could have went a while before replacing. I replaced all inner and outer tie rod ends + new boots, upper and lower ball joints (originals had 225K) and both wheel bearings. Rust was a real problem and I broke both ABS sensors along with many bolts. I HATE RUST, lol. It turned out really well and the steering is as tight as new.

I added a Bluetooth controlled Pedal Commander. Once I overcame my own stupidity and found the right spot to release the clip on the factory connector, installation could not have been more simple. 60 seconds.

This thing is fantastic. Still playing with it to find my favorite modes, but now throttle response is so versatile.

i replaced the tensioner pulley at 232000 miles. the bearings started whining 2 days before , then it stopped whining and started chirpins / squealing as the pulley seized. swapped out the pulley and a new belt....good to go...

Bought one! Already started doing some small improvements but don't intend on getting too crazy with this one. Probably add a leveling kit and some 6112/5160s, dual battery, and fridge.

20190407_122906.jpg

The other day my ex-Toyota master tech FIL and I did the timing belt and water pump with the Aisin Kit, and we also did the drive belt and pulleys/tensioners with the Gates kit. Idles a lot quiter now that all the bearings are new except for the alternator and A/C compressor.

Oh, and i also re-glued the side windshield moulding onto the trim to keep it from vibrating. Much better now.

this weekend i cut the nfab aluminum skid plate so it is not making contact with the RCI engine skid, also removed the steps for an illusionary "free" lift, and red plasti-dipped my front lower tow hooks.

IMG_20190505_160953.jpg

Installed an RCI engine skid plate on the Big Tree

very nice! i just order the trans and fuel tank skids. i can't see wheeling this thing until all of that plastic on the big exposed tank is covered/protected! that kind of trail damage would be devastating.

very nice! i just order the trans and fuel tank skids. i can't see wheeling this thing until all of that plastic on the big exposed tank is covered/protected! that kind of trail damage would be devastating.

I don't know why I was so surprised but damn, the underbelly is so exposed on these rigs. Getting the transmission plate is next on the list.

I don't know why I was so surprised but damn, the underbelly is so exposed on these rigs. Getting the transmission plate is next on the list.
Because 99.7% of Sequoia buyers never see dirt

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom