Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I made a small amount of progress today... Things are slow going at the moment and I'm a bit discouraged by my spring situation (custom... too short, over arched). Luckily Atlas said they'll fix it for free if I'll bring it to them to work on directly. So I'm continuing the build with plans to tow down to them.

IMG_20200209_134210.jpg

IMG_20200209_134450.jpg

IMG_20200209_134455.jpg

It won't be this high (those are 35" M/Ts) once it is all sorted. Right now the bottom of the rear cross member comes up to my waist and I'm 6-feet tall. On to the Front...

SUA makes me sad.

Thanks...:confused:

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad. :rofl:

1581308420869.png

That being said, version 2.0 might be linked suspension/coil overs if I decide I need more than this setup can do for me.

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad.

View attachment 2207044

That being said, version 2.0 might be linked suspension/coil overs if I decide I need more than this setup can do for me.

Work smarter not harder! That suspension set up was awesome! Too bad the rest of the truck was a pile 😂

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad. :rofl:

View attachment 2207044

Disconnecting the shocks really adds to the flex, it will be interesting to see how that works out for you.

Disconnecting the shocks really adds to the flex, it will be interesting to see how that works out for you.

Those were the old ones that popped during the articulation test. I believe he replaced them with 14" long travel shocks after that.

Obviously you spend all that time and money on suspension and don’t upgrade shocks. 🙄

That was the flex test to double check our measurements before ordering shocks. As mentioned before I ended up being able to use every bit of a 12”/14” travel combo. It ran great.

She is looking good Tony... Any progress on the seats and going with your family tartan(sp?)?

For me, it is digging more and more into the $&#@ that 4WP screwed up on my front axles and collecting parts to replace. Aside from that I recently had the remote start installed and it has been a nice toy. Nice to start the truck up from the warmth of the kitchen, but the last couple days the damn starter has been giving me grief.

After replacing the heater T's on my own, and getting a sample of what I would be looking at doing with the starter, I will be hiring that job out. I will keep the old starter (confirmed through receipts that it is a Denso Reman'd) for rebuild and keep as a spare.

She is looking good Tony... Any progress on the seats and going with your family tartan(sp?)? For me, it is digging more and more into the $&#@ that 4WP screwed up on my front axles and collecting parts to replace. Aside from that I recently had the remote start installed and it has been a nice toy. Nice to start the truck up from the warmth of the kitchen, but the last couple days the damn starter has been giving me grief. After replacing the heater T's on my own, and getting a sample of what I would be looking at doing with the starter, I will be hiring that job out. I will keep the old starter (confirmed through receipts that it is a Denso Reman'd) for rebuild and keep as a spare.

Thanks Greg! I am 95% in favor of using the Tartan... But not the color of the 40 has to change... Oi! I am leaning heavily toward (Toyota) Calvary Blue 8W2 / 930024 (PPG) which is a newer color.

1582245407243.png

I also need to check these out before I decide...

1582245442935.png

Color change isn't a HUGE deal except I already painted the block and that too will have to change. Why? Because my OCD demands it! ;) The only other option would be to stick with sundune white (beige) and add some blue pinstripe to tie in the seats. IDK... I got bigger things to worry about atm, so it will wait.

Thanks Greg! I am 95% in favor of using the Tartan... But not the color of the 40 has to change... Oi! I am leaning heavily toward (Toyota) Calvary Blue 8W2 / 930024 (PPG) which is a newer color.

View attachment 2216942

I also need to check these out before I decide...

View attachment 2216943

Color change isn't a HUGE deal except I already painted the block and that too will have to change. Why? Because my OCD demands it! ;) The only other option would be to stick with sundune white (beige) and add some blue pinstripe to tie in the seats. IDK... I got bigger things to worry about atm, so it will wait.
LOL... I went back and forth on colors quite a bit before I painted mine, so I get ya on that.

Question, who are you using for the seat cover install? Looking for an automotive upholsterer that could help me out. The passenger side butt warmer is not working properly in the new rig (thinking broken line in the pad) so want someone that could possibly diagnose and replace (in which case I may have them just replace both seats).

I haven't started looking yet. There are a few who advertise on FB Marketplace that I am going to check out before going to whichever shop in the area has the highest/most reviews on Google.

I haven't started looking yet. There are a few who advertise on FB Marketplace that I am going to check out before going to whichever shop in the area has the highest/most reviews on Google.
Keep me informed on what you find out if you wouldn't mind. Don't really need right this moment but would like to hand towards the end of the year when it starts cooling down again.

They call them "covers" but it is really an upholstery set. I have heard good things about these. It comes with an install kit with hog rings, rods and foam. All you need is a good set of hog ring pliers. There's not much to this, just takes time and elbow grease.

They call them "covers" but it is really an upholstery set. I have heard good things about these. It comes with an install kit with hog rings, rods and foam. All you need is a good set of hog ring pliers. There's not much to this, just takes time and elbow grease.

LOL... meant what shop you were using locally (if you were using one). Sounds like you plan to do yourself, looking to farm out the diagnosis and replacement.

LOL... meant what shop you were using locally (if you were using one). Sounds like you plan to do yourself, looking to farm out the diagnosis and replacement.

Oh no! I won't be doing it myself. They'll have to pull my seat upholstery apart and sew the new "tartan" insert into them. That is WAY above my paygrade! That link is specifically for 100 Series and may be a whole lot cheaper than getting a shop to sew it all from scratch for you. But the kit and take it to a shop. I bet you'll save $300-$500.

Always something. But look how clean! Progress.

Yep! I'm getting spoiled now with working on a vehicle with virtually zero dirt or oil. Now I look at the Bronco engine bay with disdain!
1582909820688.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom