Builds What did you do with your cruiser today?

Well I made a small amount of progress today... Things are slow going at the moment and I'm a bit discouraged by my spring situation (custom... too short, over arched). Luckily Atlas said they'll fix it for free if I'll bring it to them to work on directly. So I'm continuing the build with plans to tow down to them.

IMG_20200209_134210.jpg

IMG_20200209_134450.jpg

IMG_20200209_134455.jpg

It won't be this high (those are 35" M/Ts) once it is all sorted. Right now the bottom of the rear cross member comes up to my waist and I'm 6-feet tall. On to the Front...

SUA makes me sad.
Thanks...:confused:

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad. :rofl:

1581308420869.png

That being said, version 2.0 might be linked suspension/coil overs if I decide I need more than this setup can do for me.

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad.

View attachment 2207044

That being said, version 2.0 might be linked suspension/coil overs if I decide I need more than this setup can do for me.
Work smarter not harder! That suspension set up was awesome! Too bad the rest of the truck was a pile 😂

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member

Not me though! This will be plenty for my purposes. Another mud guy (@MyCruiserisaHogBeast) turned me onto this setup and raves about the results he achieved with his SUA (pictured below). I’ll take it on the Rubicon and to Moab once I have it all dialed in. Me doing THAT without the cost of an SOA or coil over conversion will make you sad. :rofl:

View attachment 2207044

Disconnecting the shocks really adds to the flex, it will be interesting to see how that works out for you.

Disconnecting the shocks really adds to the flex, it will be interesting to see how that works out for you.
Obviously you spend all that time and money on suspension and don’t upgrade shocks. 🙄

That was the flex test to double check our measurements before ordering shocks. As mentioned before I ended up being able to use every bit of a 12”/14” travel combo. It ran great.

It is up on all fours! Clutch assembly, trans/case install are next, then it is time to learn how to make brake lines! :cheers:

IMG_20200214_074207.jpg

IMG_20200214_074254.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom