Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still not "doing" a lot these days. Recovering from the flu... then I got shingles... I thought they were gone, but there may be a round two in the works. I am ready for spring!

I got my hydrboost unit in today! I ordered this four months ago. It was custom made, so I shouldn't complain.

I'm just about ready to start putting it back together. I have all the gaskets and stuff ready, I just have a little more painting left on the sides and then the doors but here's how it's coming along. I think with the weather turning a little nicer then I can run with a bikini top for a little bit or my worn down soft top rolled up for the breeze.

IMG_20190217_212920.jpg

IMG_20190330_155937.jpg

IMG_20190330_200847.jpg

Spent 2 hours washing all the mud out from last weekend and greasing the drivelines.

Lots of little things need attention in the coming weeks.

I got my engine back! Took Chris a loooong time, but he's good people and I know his work is worth the wait. Bought a paid for many months ago and still a long way to go to the REAL payoff... Hearing it fire up!

This is the first time I have seen the color on metal. I'm very pleased!

Last edited:
Holy cow that thing looks so awesome. I bet it runs like a top and looks super nice too. Is that going to be the color of your FJ40 too?

Thanks! Here's the laundry list...

Block: bored .40, decked and line honed. Turned the crank. Forged 9:1 pistons.
Head: decked, ported, SBC valvetrain (bigger valves, stronger springs), RV grind on the cam rated at .425 lift / 217 duration.
I had the assembly balanced

I have an EFI kit going on and a computer controlled DUI Distributor, and the two-piece header, so I'm hoping to have good torque and throttle response.

Yes that will be the color of the body too. It is Toyota 1276 Sundune White (Beige). I am using an industrial single stage paint I had made at Martin Auto Color in Sparks. Thanks @gregnash for the idea! :) Georg at Valley Hybrid said my Orion kit finally came in (they've been on backorder for months!) and my transfer case should be done soon... ish. So my axles, transmission are ready, just waiting on that Orion!

That is an amazing hunk of iron right there. Can't wait to race you :redface:. Looks beautiful! Is your frame ready?

🤣 "Race":rofl: I don't know if what we would do could be considered a race... Those straight six engines don't have a lot of acceleration!

No my frame isn't even close. I need to get the fab work done which will require me to mock up the springs/shackles and figure out what needs to be moved to accommodate the 2" axle push and the power steering so I don't have any binding after final assembly. I have a looong way to go still!

Started the rebuilt motor in the gray 80, ldled 800rpm beautifully, now i have to button it up and take a drive...

Last edited:
Ohh and the best part no leaks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom