Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a holder for the bottle jack rod.

Ding ding ding! Someone in Australia just confirmed for me on Facebook. I have no plans on carrying a bottle jack, so I may remove them.

Similar to something like this...

IMG_20180915_074448.jpg

Yep! Except mine only has one set to hold a single bar... Strange. I'm kind of in love with this rear trim piece. I don't think I'd do it so fancy, but it would be cool to create one with storage pockets or something.

full

He used plywood as the base with some round magnets embedded on the back to hold it to the body panel. Smart!

I bought a set of headers for the 62 and a 4bbl intake for the F Tony gave me.

I bought a set of headers for the 62 and a 4bbl intake for the F Tony gave me.

DUDE! Where the hell did you find a 4bbl intake?!?!? Is it an offey? I've been hunting for one of those off an on since 2009! Nice find :)

Lucky hit on mud. Yes, it's an Offenhauser.

I might be talked out of it for the 68 intake you had.

I might be talked out of it for the 68 intake you had.

At this point, I don't know that I'll need it... Though a Holley Terminator Stealth 4bbl would be pretty awesome! :) I'll check my side yard for the intake. It is yours for free if I have it. :) I know I have an OE exhaust manifold, but I think it is off the 78.

Things are moving slow for me these days. Injuries, influenza, sick family, and an insane work schedule are keeping me busy. I was able to get out to the garage this weekend and get the tub tipped and stripped. It is now fully ready for media blasting.

I also picked up a work table and bench vice. :)

Lots of surface rust on underside, but nothing major.

The rear sill? threshold? whatever, is a goner. So far I know for certain I need to replace the passenger side outer rocker/sill, the gas pan, and this piece. I am undecided on what to do about the rear corners/fenders. I could plug all the little holes. I could replace the corners. Or I could replace the entire panel on both sides. :meh:

I think my brake indicator (above) is busted. I can't get it it out. Any tricks? I'm planning on cutting the top off and adding another bolt so I can try to turn the thing out of the hole.

Georg tells me my H41 is done as are my 78 axles complete with mini truck outers, new Aisin hubs, ARB lockers front and rear, and RCV shafts up front. He also installed 4 wheel disc brakes for me. He is still waiting on parts from Advanced Adapters to finish my Orion w/twin sticks setup.

Chris told me the engine is done... FINALLY! But... he is on vacation for KOH, so I still gotta wait! 😖

My MetalTech cage is in the garage and the Hydoboost unit is on its way. My springs are finished and waiting for me to either pay to ship, or take a little road trip to pick them up. I am leaning toward a road trip, but work might change my mind.

Cheers!

The stuff under the dash would lead me to believe yeah white was original paint. But at this point I think the color is completely up for whatever you want to do so I wouldn't let that make you feel like you have to do it white.
Just my 0.2 cents

I agree. It was more for my own satisfaction of knowing what Toyota did to it. I am going with 1276 Sundune White (Beige). I've already had the engine paint custom made and it should be on the block by now. I'm thinking it might have originally been Olympus White 1453. Who knows. :)

Got my "durashined" intake manifold back and got my first patch panel in the mail today.

I need to take the intake to my buffing wheel one of these days. I should be able to make a bit more shiny. I was mostly looking for a hi temp barrier to keep it cooler and protect it for the next 50 years. My outer door sill and rear sill should come in soonish, then I need to bite the bullet and try my hand at replacing panels. I'll also need to custom make some patches for the hard top when I finally get around to restoring it.

All of my other panels and the tub are bare. I need to get them media blasted after I get the panels replaced.

I put gas in mine today... The trans is slipping, it leaks oil out of every gasket on the motor and the CATS are plugged but I drove it anyway. Sometimes you gotta enjoy what it is, so you keep motivation for what it could be.

I'll also need to custom make some patches for the hard top when I finally get around to restoring it.
Are you meaning in the fiberglass or the hardtop sides? If it's the fiberglass then I still have a good amount of resin and hardener to help you out if needed. I finished mine not too long ago.

IMG_20190125_205545.jpg

IMG_20190217_204442.jpg

IMG_20190217_212920.jpg

IMG_20190217_220638.jpg

Are you meaning in the fiberglass or the hardtop sides? If it's the fiberglass then I still have a good amount of resin and hardener to help you out if needed. I finished mine not too long ago.

Wow man. Nice work! I was talking about some metal bits that are rusted that'll need to fab some panels to replace. No one seems to sell individual components, just entire panels and they want way too much money for them.

Thank you for the offer of the fiberglass. I might take you up on that someday. I haven't even started looking at the top yet. I wasn't planning on addressing any of the top until well after I completed my main resto. I am considering at least having it all media blasted since I need to have the tub an main panels blasted anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom