Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you better hurry on that paint. Nights are getting chilly. Looks good. What is taking so loooong on the pistons. Are they out mining the metal still?:hmm:

Thanks! Yeah I know. I may not make the deadline for paint or I'll have to by heat lamps or something. Ugh... more money! I ordered them from MAF back in early June and the turnaround was supposed to be six weeks. It finally dawned on me about a month ago that they hadn't arrived. I call MAF and he said "oh! That order never got sent to the manufacturer." :cautious:

So NOW I am waiting the six weeks for delivery. He said he was going to try to rush them for me but I'd prefer they didn't and just get it right. So I guess I'll get my finished engine back around Christmas. It was supposed to be done in Aug, but MAF... What a pain!

On another note, and I know this sounds like a total newbie question, but do you know if the shackles in that pic are already reversed? :meh:

No they are longer shackles in the stock position. The reverse is when the hard mount is to the front of the frame and the rear shackle is now the type you have on your front. My rear shackles go thru the frame but I have seen them mounted to the bottom of the frame with a welded mount. Some people don't like the reversal but I like it for crawling. Some of the purest think it causes steering and wobble problems. It works fine for me. As long as my tie rods are not worn I get no bump steer or other steering issues.

No they are longer shackles in the stock position. The reverse is when the hard mount is to the front of the frame and the rear shackle is now the type you have on your front. My rear shackles go thru the frame but I have seen them mounted to the bottom of the frame with a welded mount. Some people don't like the reversal but I like it for crawling. Some of the purest think it causes steering and wobble problems. It works fine for me. As long as my tie rods are not worn I get no bump steer or other steering issues.

Excellent. Thanks! I am considering it. At some point I plan to order Atlas springs and they have an option to order springs for a "1-inch axle push" I assume that means that the mounts for the front springs would be welded 1" further forward? They said it improves articulation and ride quality. It doesn't look like there is 1" to spare on the front rails! I was thinking about doing that too, but not at first. Those Atlas springs are pricey! I'll be using the ones you gave me for a while.

Speaking of paint... guess what I did this weekend!!
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Just finished reassembling her last night. Next few weeks is super busy for the wife and I so going to wait until we are back around the end of the month and things settle down to cut and buff. Got a few things I will want to fix in the spring but overall I am happy.

Speaking of paint... guess what I did this weekend!!

Nice work man! Very cool color too. What is it?

I just found these on my front porch...

IMG_20181002_054444.jpg

I'll take them down to Douglas Machine later this week. It shouldn't be long now...

Nice dude! That was quick!
Thanks, the color is nothing specific, went with the local auto paint supply store, Industrial Finishes, here in Carson and purchased their Sherwin Williams/AIC "Farm Implement" enamel. Has pretty limited, basic color range but worked for what I wanted. The color is just their standard DARK GRAY. They have two sets of gray colors, one warmer and one cooler, this is the darkest of the cools.

Nice dude! That was quick!

Not as quick as I would have liked. :) I ordered in June... But they're here now and I just want to get this engine finished so I can sink my money into the rest of this project.

I am going for a utilitarian color/finish too. I am 50/50 split between Fashion Green and Sundune White (beige). I have to see what they will look like in person in Raptor Liner, but that isn't even on my radar right now. undercoating and frame prep have to be next. I need to part the tub and chassis, order the extended shock towers, shackle reversal, and frame boxing kit and take it all to a fabricator to get everything welded. I'll have them do the welding for the power steering too. I will POR-15 the frame, and use Eastwoods internal frame coating kit for the boxed sections of the frame. Then I get to try out my own welding skills on the replacing parts of the floor pans before I apply Lizard Skin and Raptor Liner to the undercarriage.

I need see if a few of yous guys would be willing to come over and help me lift the tub while the chassis is rolled out from under soonish. :)

Not as quick as I would have liked. :) I ordered in June... But they're here now and I just want to get this engine finished so I can sink my money into the rest of this project.

I am going for a utilitarian color/finish too. I am 50/50 split between Fashion Green and Sundune White (beige). I have to see what they will look like in person in Raptor Liner, but that isn't even on my radar right now. undercoating and frame prep have to be next. I need to part the tub and chassis, order the extended shock towers, shackle reversal, and frame boxing kit and take it all to a fabricator to get everything welded. I'll have them do the welding for the power steering too. I will POR-15 the frame, and use Eastwoods internal frame coating kit for the boxed sections of the frame. Then I get to try out my own welding skills on the replacing parts of the floor pans before I apply Lizard Skin and Raptor Liner to the undercarriage.

I need see if a few of yous guys would be willing to come over and help me lift the tub while the chassis is rolled out from under soonish. :)
I am down to help, will be out of town the 7th through the 14th for my 10yr anniversary but back after that. Just give me about a day or two heads up so I can ensure I have time.

Greg, I just saw you at lunch time cruising in your new Gray beauty. I can't believe how much darker it looked on a cloudy rainy day than the picture you posted(sunny). Good job on that. I am more impressed on how you got rid of the rust cancer and fixed those panels. I see a future in body work for you.:clap:

Greg, I just saw you at lunch time cruising in your new Gray beauty. I can't believe how much darker it looked on a cloudy rainy day than the picture you posted(sunny). Good job on that. I am more impressed on how you got rid of the rust cancer and fixed those panels. I see a future in body work for you.:clap:
LOL... yeah the color definitely changes depending on how bright and direct the sunlight is. I also think that as I am allowing it to cure it is starting to darken more. That pic was taken about an hour after I finished spraying to paint was still ever so slightly wet (though hardened). I need to get a pic today while the sun is out and it has hardened. Also I think the camera ends up brightening things some as well (lots depends on monitor calibration for colors).

Nice work man! Very cool color too. What is it?

I just found these on my front porch...

IMG_20181002_054444.jpg

I'll take them down to Douglas Machine later this week. It shouldn't be long now...

Tell chris he is a 2f expert.. lol..

Tell chris he is a 2f expert.. lol..

Yep I'll be handing him the box and already offered to let him send them out to his piston suppliers to get measurements for future customers.

I am down to help, will be out of town the 7th through the 14th for my 10yr anniversary but back after that. Just give me about a day or two heads up so I can ensure I have time.

Thanks! Happy anniversary man. We are now closer to our 20th than 10th. Time sure flies after age 21! :beer:

Thanks! Happy anniversary man. We are now closer to our 20th than 10th. Time sure flies after age 21! :beer:
Yeah... we will have been together for 18yrs come February so not like we haven't been there.
Updated pic after paint sitting in my office parking lot today. Will attempt to handle orange peel probably NV Day weekend since I have that friday off.
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Yeah... we will have been together for 18yrs come February so not like we haven't been there.
Updated pic after paint sitting in my office parking lot today. Will attempt to handle orange peel probably NV Day weekend since I have that friday off.

Outstanding. I am happy for you both. The 60 looks awesome man. I can't wait to see it in person!

I finally got back on the 40 train after spending weeks in Bronco land. I got the first batch of items back from my powder coating. I love the textured matte black result and am having the valve cover redone to match. I also dropped off my throttle body and intake manifold there. The throttle body will be matte black and the intake will be durashined to match the "tuned" header.

IMG_20181115_151446.jpg

You can see my wiper arms, blinker housings, taillight rings, valve cover, and other stuff.

IMG_20181115_151456.jpg

IMG_20181115_170444.jpg

IMG_20181115_170501.jpg

IMG_20181115_170651.jpg

IMG_20181115_170657.jpg

IMG_20181115_170454.jpg

I need to figure out a date to do the tub and chassis parting now that my family crisis stuff is calming and I need to beg or bribe some of you guys to help me do the lifting. :)

I finally got back on the 40 train after spending weeks in Bronco land. I got the first batch of items back from my powder coating. I love the textured matte black result and am having the valve cover redone to match. I also dropped off my throttle body and intake manifold there. The throttle body will be matte black and the intake will be durashined to match the "tuned" header.

You can see my wiper arms, blinker housings, taillight rings, valve cover, and other stuff.

I need to figure out a date to do the tub and chassis parting now that my family crisis stuff is calming and I need to beg or bribe some of you guys to help me do the lifting. :)

@Tony_Farson give me a ring and I can possibly help. Just need a little advanced notice (preferably not day of). Also you still interested in the spare door and tailgate for scrap body panel to play with?

@Tony_Farson give me a ring and I can possibly help. Just need a little advanced notice (preferably not day of). Also you still interested in the spare door and tailgate for scrap body panel to play with?

Thanks @gregnash ! I am thinking maybe December 8th? I think we will need a couple more guys to life the tub and roll the chassis out from under it. I will certainly take the scrap metal too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom