Builds What did you do with your cruiser today? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't really done much with BeBe as been lots of other stuff going on in life. Hell I havent been to a meeting in a few months either. Lately she has just been a hauler for stuff back and forth to the wife's new salon that will be opening shortly. One of these days I will be able to get around to painting my replacement doors and doing some more body work.

Recently purchased everything for dual battery, and solar to charge the second battery while the truck is not moving.
Setting up a fridge is a lot of work!
Install will be next weekend.

New wheel bearings and birfs, followed by a quick Jumbo-VC-Jumbo trip.
To get that done I had to remove the ultra mega roof rack to fit in the garage.
To get that done we welded up a cheap gantry a few weeks ago, because I'm the only person in my family tall enough to lift the rack.

Funny thing, without the roof rack I had no farm jack, and for the first time I wished I had it.
Last night I wound up dragging a Toyota mini truck on its side down Jumbo creek so we could push it back over onto its wheels.
With the jack we might have been able to tip it in place.

Also - Justin, I remember our conversation about losing the front wheel bearing preload. I had picked up some slop on the passenger side, and it turns out I had re-used a badly worn thrust washer. Not sure if that was the problem, but I had already bought a new set of bearings and washers so I put them in regardless.

Every time I think of removing the highlift, for better wind resistance or something, I realize I will probably need it as soon as I do.

I also haven't been active in the club recently. A return to Grad School and a 7-week old baby girl have severely reduced my free-time.

I have been plugging away at the re-resto-mod of my '73 since a blown head gasket took it down last fall. The rebuilt 3FE is just about ready to go back in and I just need to fix a few glitches in the wiring harness before it gets wrapped back up and I see how things work.

IMG_3589.JPG

IMG_3790.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3879 2.JPG

IMG_3888.JPG

The wiring has been the real challenge to date. I went a little overboard on adding luxury features... Here's a short list of the items I've added so far:

Electronic Air Conditioning
Heated seats
Dakota Digital HDX instrument panel with GPS, altimeter, ambient air temp, and compass inputs
Fuel Pressure monitor
Wideband O2 controller and monitor
Cruise control
Power windows
Keyless entry and central locking
CREE LED rear flood lights
CREE LED fog lights
Progressive trailer brake controller
30A trailer brake service
4WD indicator light circuit
ARB Compressor
CB/HAM
Pollak valve and Tanks Inc. In-tank primary & auxillary fuel pumps selected by relayed carling switch
Hi/Lo beam relays
DMP Stereo receiver with bluetooth
In-cab winch controls
Dual AGM batteries with isolator/controller

51484812215__6D6AADC6-EE2E-4FE1-B365-1D38E82F5135.JPG

51572486385__8B0C4548-5714-40F7-B77F-D6D4A79DE80A.JPG

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

WOW just Wow. That engine is damn sexy. Something about a clean metal engine and parts! Good job. Hope you can get back with us and show off your work!

Got the dual battery and fridge in.
unnamed (22).jpg

unnamed (18).jpg

I'm so glad I made the Fridge box.
unnamed (19).jpg

Toggle to determine how the batteries are connected, the red and green light indicate the toggle position.
unnamed (21).jpg

This is the aux battery. I charge this with a renogy 100w folding solar pannel, when base isn't moving.

More detailed info to come in my build thread, link in the signature line below.

Nice on the dual battery setup. I think I saw your dad hooking up some solar panels to his setup. Good geek stuff right there.
Now you have two sliders on the outside and one inside. I saw a guy that had a fridge with beer in it and had it on from Loon lake to the Springs with the setting to low. He had a block of ice with a six pack in it.

Nice on the dual battery setup. I think I saw your dad hooking up some solar panels to his setup. Good geek stuff right there.
Now you have two sliders on the outside and one inside. I saw a guy that had a fridge with beer in it and had it on from Loon lake to the Springs with the setting to low. He had a block of ice with a six pack in it.

I also have solar capabilities, for days when the truck does not move and I am running the fridge. With this set up there will be no block of ice required and if I just fill it with beer I could take much more than a six pack. :beer:
Did I mention I can close of part of the fridge and make it a freezer!?
Hauled ice cream 3 hours the other day, no problem:steer:

Picking up a "new to me" motor, trans, and tcase. Going to be prepping those for a swap. Hoping to port the exhaust, possibly throw in a new cam, boring over a tad bit as well to get some more power out of the tank.

Sounds ambitious! Good luck with that. Lots of free time out at the mine?o_O Hows it going out there? Come do Deer Valley with us on the 25th and 26th.:cookie::beer:

Sounds ambitious! Good luck with that. Lots of free time out at the mine?o_O Hows it going out there? Come do Deer Valley with us on the 25th and 26th.:cookie::beer:
not so much free time, more like 300k on the clock and needs to be changed out. I dont think ill be back from the mine for deer valley

not so much free time, more like 300k on the clock and needs to be changed out. I dont think ill be back from the mine for deer valley
300k is nothing for these trucks.. come on she has got AT LEAST another 100k in her!!

Played a bit in the Blue Lakes area... including checking out the Indian Valley/Sunset Lakes area... a few excursions on a few dirt roads that could use some maintenance work. Also drove by the Deer Valley OHV road entrance... posted closed until 4 August (so should be open in time for the club outing). High point of the day was a fly fishing on the upper West fork of the Carson. Good water (less technical that is more usual for this time of year). Lots of brookies in there. Hooked up on stimulators and caddis flies.

IMG_0710.JPG

stripped the new engine down and checked the clearances on the tappets, they should be good to go so off to get the head milled and ported.

Just got back from chasing native trout in the southern sierras... including a ride up to Monarch Jeep Road to the South fork of the Kern. Presently the road is dry, so can be easily traversed by stock SUVs/pick-ups and even mini-SUVs (saw a Subaru up there).

IMG_0768.jpg
IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0763.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom