What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got a rear valance cover for the replacement bumper:
011628701.jpg

The halos are connected to the turn signal power, so they're not as bright as they're supposed to be:
230855720.jpg

I have to figure out a power glitch with the fog lights, the stalk is on the on position, tried with headlights on & park, no juice at the fog light plug. To be continued..

I have to figure out a power glitch with the fog lights, the stalk is on the on position, tried with headlights on & park, no juice at the fog light plug. To be continued..

The fog light situation turned out to be a burnt fuse. I did the relay mod so I can turn the fogs on/off whenever the accessory is on, and hooked up the halos to the fog wiring. I cut the flasher relay wire under the dash to disable the turn signal as DRL so the halos can blink amber with the turn signals.

I'm waiting on some LEDs to replace the turn signal bulbs, will see if they hyperflash or not. Also waiting on high beam splitters to get quad high beams, and yellow high beam bulbs for the stock projectors.

So far I'm happy with the result!

Just the halos:
210401687.jpg

Halos, projectors, park lights:
210541482.jpg

Last edited:
I guess this falls under things I HAD done to my GX today: Front Harrop Eaton E locker installed (not wired up yet) . Front sway bar removed. (I will be installing a heavy dirty 24mm in the rear to compensate).

TBH the body roll without it doesn't seem that wicked, but I'm gonna stick the heavier one in there anyway as a precaution. I already have it, might as well use it.

They fill in scratches then use 3M 3 stage polish compounds to wet sand and get rid of swirls or imperfections on the paint.

New steering wheel is in. It was difficult finding the right color combo, but the match came out pretty close in my opinion. Pretty happy with the overall fit and the whole swap only took about 20 mins.
20230712_171308.jpg
20230712_173704.jpg

Nice wheel, almost a perfect match. Where'd you get it?

Nice wheel, almost a perfect match. Where'd you get it?
Good old ebay. Plenty of black or grey leather with black or 2003-2007 wood options. This was the only one I could find with the taupe leather and red 2008-2009 wood. Wheel diameter is the same as stock, but the new one is a little thicker. Definitely feels nice to hold.

Good old ebay. Plenty of black or grey leather with black or 2003-2007 wood options. This was the only one I could find with the taupe leather and red 2008-2009 wood. Wheel diameter is the same as stock, but the new one is a little thicker. Definitely feels nice to hold.
I'll be curious on how it holds up. They are around the same price as shipping off the OEM wheel and having the leather replaced, but without needing to have the rig down for a week or two due to no wheel. I had my OEM wheel re-dyed (kept the original leather) and haven't really been happy with how it turns out, so this is on my eventual repair/refresh list.

I'll be curious on how it holds up. They are around the same price as shipping off the OEM wheel and having the leather replaced, but without needing to have the rig down for a week or two due to no wheel. I had my OEM wheel re-dyed (kept the original leather) and haven't really been happy with how it turns out, so this is on my eventual repair/refresh list.
Yeah, I'm holding onto my old one just in case this one falls apart. Also, it was $260 or something when I ordered the new wheel. The link I gave above is the correct part, but it's pushing what I'd be willing to pay vs refinishing the OEM wheel.

So technically it’s not something done to the GX but we officially replaced this week.
Guess I can stick around, just another sub forum.
I let the buyer of my GX know about this forum too!
IMG_8322.jpeg

It’s a 2012 Limited 4x4 with 173k. 2 owner and they owned it since 15 with religious maintenance records. Working on getting the WD hitch dialed in.
I appreciate all the help and am sure I’ll check things out in here anyway.

So technically it’s not something done to the GX but we officially replaced this week.
Guess I can stick around, just another sub forum.
I let the buyer of my GX know about this forum too!View attachment 3373314

It’s a 2012 Limited 4x4 with 173k. 2 owner and they owned it since 15 with religious maintenance records. Working on getting the WD hitch dialed in.
I appreciate all the help and am sure I’ll check things out in here anyway.
Unfortunately the Sequoia/Tundra thread on here is dead. You'll have better luck on TSOR group on Facebook. Congrats btw!

Denso reman after alternator failure with no warning. Have a HO, but didn't have all the wiring ready and not sure I can knock it out fast, so once the HO goes in I'll have a lightly used spare on the shelf :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom