What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did some night-wheeling with a buddy on a steep powerline cut. I had been down this cut several times before without issue, but always when it was dry (this time it was wet from rain earlier in the week). We ended up sliding off into a ~2' deep mudhole while trying to avoid an even deeper one. The GX seemed to also be high-centered on a rut in the middle, and couldn't quite pop out of the mudhole (it got really close a couple of times, but ATRAC kicked in a limited power).

I pulled out a surplus Army foxhole shovel (bought for this purpose) and proceeded to dig the GX out at both sides, until we had a few ramps. I then yanked the ABS relay to disable ATRAC and let my buddy drive it (who has more off-road experience then me). We were able to pop it out after around 30 minutes of digging, rolling forward, rolling back, and more digging. No damage to the GX, luckily, but we did get some mud on the inside (windows were down when we first slid in, and our clothes got trashed from the digging). Next time I'm going to remember to air down (didn't bother as I had been down this trail before without issue), and avoid anything deep in the GX until it gets a locker or more aggressive tires (the Wildpeaks totally clogged with mud).

20210328_082916.jpg

20210328_083022.jpg

There was water in the 3rd crossing at coyote canyon in anza borrego. Not much but some.

5A19F683-50BE-4C0A-9133-D18F439259D1.png

It’s a screen capture of a zoomed video taken with my iPhone. Sorry for the low rez. Water must have been like 20” deep in some spots

Nearly 3 hours later, the remains of my weekend escapade are 99% gone. I can confidently say that ih8mud!

20210329_180737.jpg

Went to Eezi-Awn and picked up our Bat Wing 270 in time for our trip to the Kalahari.

20210331_170340.jpg

Finished installing the Victory 4x4 bumper.
Added flush mount lights
Added 20 inch light bar
Added 9500 lb wench
Added 2 rock lights on the original bumper pod light mount.
How are your headlights tinted? Do you have the tint film, spray-on tint, or was the chrome on the inside of the light blacked out?

That’s cool, I didn’t know about the ark guards. Coincidently I installed the rad design splash guards over the weekend.

F6B0C932-1F9A-401F-A4C2-3136FC807A59.jpeg

they don’t have as much coverage as those ark guards, they’re also less expensive.

the rad material compared to stock
D605888E-C943-4E34-ACE5-3D40185EA40D.jpeg

73CEF65C-D57B-420F-AFC1-76EFB2846EAB.jpeg

My stock guards disintegrated.

@Mute916 Are the ark guards as thick?

That’s cool, I didn’t know about the ark guards. Coincidently I installed the rad design splash guards over the weekend.

View attachment 2636176

they don’t have as much coverage as those ark guards, they’re also less expensive.

View attachment 2636177
View attachment 2636178

Yeah, they look to be the same thickness and material as arm. Almost identical. I was worried about the Rad Rubber only because I got tons of mud in my engine bay. I didn't have the guards though at that time.

Finished up the rear cargo area sound deadening. Added a 7/16" layer of waterproof foam carpet padding (which cost all of $12 at Menards). This filled the gap between the cargo area panels and the floor, as well as the 3rd row anchors and the floor. Everything is now flush, which should make loading easier, and it should be even quieter than it was with just the foam/foil sound deadener.

Have you done any other sections of your truck? What are your thoughts on the noise reduction? Looks great

Yep, I just installed them a week or two ago - much thicker than stock. Easy install only took 5 min per side.

Finished painting my Apex 5th gen T4R rock sliders. Three coats of VHT semigloss chassis paint everywhere, then three coats of Dupli-Color bedliner on top (for foot grip). Came out GREAT for all rattle cans.

20210411_175328.jpg

20210411_175322.jpg

20210411_175307.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom