What Did You Do With Your 120 Today? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! Did the weather tech cargo mat come with those holes cut out? Or did you have to do that?
They don't come w/ the holes cut out, but where you need to cut (if you want to cut, you don't have to) is marked. Think the indicated cut areas are more for completely clearing the 3rd row seat / tie down areas, but I wanted to cut it a little tighter so the trim pieces would hold the mat in place (does mean it's a little more work if you wanna completely pull the mat out to clean it). Didn't get the cuts perfectly lined up for that, but good enough for me. Got the idea from a post on Club Lexus

I’ve got a rear cargo area weathertech mat that I’m not going to use so if anyone is interested send me a PM

OME 2” coils in the front and tricked bags in the back. Bought the whole kit and will install rear springs when needed.

7A3B01F0-46F8-4CEE-A6CB-F5ED8BFF4A8B.jpeg

Replaced both front seat bottoms. Total time from start to finish about 3.5 hours or so.

Fitment isnt 100% but I think that comes down to my install experience (which was zero leading up to this). I've read that a blow dryer and a garment steamer can really get everything to lay really nice...so I guess I'll give that a shot this weekend. But overall really liking the way they look.

I also went ahead and ''repaired'' that missing foam spot. I Just added a carefully cut out foam piece to fit right in there. My theory was that over the years that void in foam would have caused another wear hole sooner that later.
old seat.jpg

new seat.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced both front seat bottoms. Total time from start to finish about 3.5 hours or so.

Fitment isnt 100% but I think that comes down to my install experience (which was zero leading up to this). I've read that a blow dryer and a garment steamer can really get everything to lay really nice...so I guess I'll give that a shot this weekend. But overall really liking the way they look.

View attachment 2444845

View attachment 2444846
Nice! Same wear point on mine. Where did you get the replacement covers?

View attachment 2444845

View attachment 2444846
Are the seat covers side specific, or do you have to cut a little to make the adjustment knobs poke through on each side?

I swapped my two front seat cushions so the high 'outside' wear areas by the drivers and passengers thigh, was essentially moved to the inside, low wear, thigh location. Figure the leather wasn't cracked or tore yet, this would give me a few more years.
20200822_000043.jpg

20200822_000228.jpg

20200822_000329.jpg

thats a great idea. Wish i could have done that but my driver side was toast. My passenger side was actually in pretty good condition aside from a few scratches...but i wanted both bottoms to match.

These were side-specific. The sides have little cutouts for the controls and what not.

Is the first pic all stock?
2nd pic looks so good, what size tire to give an idea of the true lift effect? (And nice gas door on passenger side😉 I had to look close)
Yes. First pic is stock with just the running boards removed.
Tires are 285/70/17 BFG KO2

Are the seat covers side specific, or do you have to cut a little to make the adjustment knobs poke through on each side?

I swapped my two front seat cushions so the high 'outside' wear areas by the drivers and passengers thigh, was essentially moved to the inside, low wear, thigh location. Figure the leather wasn't cracked or tore yet, this would give me a few more years.
View attachment 2444851
View attachment 2444852
View attachment 2444853

Any cutting involved in this side to side swap?

Any cutting involved in this side to side swap?
Yes. It's easy and minimal cutting. Just to make room for the knobs to poke through under that plastic molding. I trimmed mine very tight, only as much as was needed.... But plenty of material is left. Also on the opposing side that tucks in near center console is nearly impossible to see.

I wanted to just swap the lower cushion units but I had to actually remove the seat cover from the cushion because of the airbag sensor in the passenger side would have been a nightmare to deal with.
20200924_115325.jpg

Yes. It's easy and minimal cutting. Just to make room for the knobs to poke through under that plastic molding. I trimmed mine very tight, only as much as was needed.... But plenty of material is left. Also on the opposing side that tucks in near center console is nearly impossible to see.

I wanted to just swap the lower cushion units but I had to actually remove the seat cover from the cushion because of the airbag sensor in the passenger side would have been a nightmare to deal with. View attachment 2445079

That’s what I was thinking happened to move them. Thanks.

First order of business is baselining and starting the build process. I was going to go with a full Tough Dog 40mm 9 stage adjustable suspension with Tough Dog UCAs.

But the SAS idea is burning a hole in my head.

J

I definitely think you should just go strait to a SAS.... 😬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom