What did you do on your 70 series today? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you considered an upgrade such as a Garrett Turbo? Rebuilding the IP and injectors isn't an issue.
Did a little looking at Garretts last night but got tired before I learned anything

Edit: On that note, who recommends a pump rebuild at this stage while my turbo and injectors are being done?

Did a little looking at Garretts last night but got tired before I learned anything

Edit: On that note, who recommends a pump rebuild at this stage while my turbo and injectors are being done?
P.M. Sent

Send it to australia. Graeme at gturbo. Or buy a rebuild kit from here and send it to the shop with the reliable parts. Options aplenty here...

Send it to australia. Graeme at gturbo. Or buy a rebuild kit from here and send it to the shop with the reliable parts. Options aplenty here...
Thanks. Sending to Australia, although an option, would be a pretty long wait. Got it covered with driftmotion as recommended by @saltycoconuts. Spoke with the turbo guru there today and was reassured they can handle this no problem. As for supplying the rebuild parts to my local shop, they still wouldn't work on it. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm going to Frankenstein a Cummins R2.8 with a 2LT-E taking the best parts from both and swap out the 13B-T.

Thanks. Sending to Australia, although an option, would be a pretty long wait. Got it covered with driftmotion as recommended by @saltycoconuts. Spoke with the turbo guru there today and was reassured they can handle this no problem. As for supplying the rebuild parts to my local shop, they still wouldn't work on it. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm going to Frankenstein a Cummins R2.8 with a 2LT-E taking the best parts from both and swap out the 13B-T.

Keep us posted on how it works out with Driftmotion. I've got a turbo I need to get R&R'd sooner than later.

Glad you got it sorted m8. Someday mr yota will bring a proper diesel 70 to the states.

Glad you’re going with driftmotion. Good choice. Seeing you’re getting your injectors done I feel the urge to get mine done as well. Maybe next month.

Also when you do your engine swap-mashup you might as well add a quad turbo setup? Because boost is life right?

C594999B-FD53-4947-91D9-78848D9849A0.jpeg

Got these from Ironman4x4 America/Metal Tech today.

With new to me front leaf springs and all new hardware including ubolt flip kit, anti inversion shackes and greasable pins

15357701552635135079747315620704.jpg

I ended up having Tim's Turbos rebuild my CT26.
He had seen them many times before.
No issues getting parts and he supplied me with gaskets/seals for reinstallation.

tim's turbos - Google Search

I finally got round to fitting a passenger seat belt, originally had the adjustable 3 point belts but found a set of 2010 (apparently) belts in the junkyard for a good price, fitted some 5 watt number plate bulbs and the carb on my coffee table has been reassembled.

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2053.JPG

I fixed mine a few times.... I got a spare piece of the teeth from a manual window , cut the damaged section out and welded in the new one,
The second time i made wee blobs of stainless tig weld , then re cut the teeth with a 1mm angle grinder blade..... way easyer than you would expect if you lay off the coffee before getting stuck in with the welder

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom