what could it be? beeping alarm, but no warning lights on dash. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

This is repeatable for me.

I turn my steering wheel full left or full right, then reverse the truck slowly.
After a few feet I hear a loud "CLUNK".
Sound like a metal axle popping out or something.
Then soon after, the beeping alarm from the dash, but no warning lights.
I usually hear this alarm when VSC or traction is lost. But in those cases, lights turn on.
After maybe 30-45 seconds, the alarm stops while driving normally.

Any idea what this could be?
Seems like 2 separate issues. The loud CLUNK when turning the steering wheel full left or full right (with reverse), and the beeping alarm.

Thank you!

I had the mysterious beep but under different circumstances. Turned out to be the steering rack bushings were toast. Mine would start beeping at roughly 60mph and turning left slightly then right slightly on an uphill s-turn. It would beep until I got straightened out and drove for 100 yards or so.

Your loud clunk may be the steering rack jumping around. Get someone to turn lock to lock while you are under the truck observing the steering rack.

Good luck.....And keep it in park!

Ahh... I think you might be right. I was wondering why my steering wheel feels a bit "loose" when on the highway. Bet the steering rack is floating around a little due to toast bushings.

I'll give it a shot, THANK YOU!!

Sorry for the hijack, Where does this beeping come from on your lc? I have a beep that lasts for about 2 secs when I turned the on (but not start) and then again once I start it. There is no lights and it comes out of the speakers not the dash.

Sorry for the hijack, Where does this beeping come from on your lc? I have a beep that lasts for about 2 secs when I turned the on (but not start) and then again once I start it. There is no lights and it comes out of the speakers not the dash.

I want to say it came from the dash... I honestly do not know though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom