What are the riv-nuts under the Centre console used for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my first project FZJ80

5D8B55A1-CC41-4CA6-B1F4-18038CA95AC4.jpeg

Solution
I don't know what the holes are for but I agree they shouldn't be open to the outside. Looking at the parts drawings, you may just be missing a plug/cover. I can't tell if the highlighted parts on the diagram are the same as the holes in your picture but they could be.

1648146192612.png

1648146203042.png
I had the center console out for carpet cleaning and I noticed 4 unused riv-nuts. I guess that explains the high road noise levels :D

Has anyone a idea what should be mounted there. Be it inside or under the vehicle?
Any help is appreciated and sorry for my English…

The 80s were sold in a variety of configurations globally and many of the extra captive nuts, unused wiring connectors, etc. are likely for options or setups that your 80 didn't ship with but that were offered by Toyota.

Congrats on the new 80 and welcome to the forum. Your English is likely to be better than that used by many members here, even the ones from English speaking countries ;)

@jpoole covered it.

In some markets there was a center mounted 'cooler'....so possibly they are for that, who knows. Lots of 'extra' unused items on these vehicles.

And your 'English' is perfect! In fact, I'd dare say......you could come here and teach it.

I do have a US-spec FZJ80, a California one to be precise. I can literally see the road trough some of those 4 riv-nuts, so I am certain at least some bolts should be there if not a bracket.

I don't know what the holes are for but I agree they shouldn't be open to the outside. Looking at the parts drawings, you may just be missing a plug/cover. I can't tell if the highlighted parts on the diagram are the same as the holes in your picture but they could be.

1648146192612.png

1648146203042.png

Solution
I did already look into the toyota EPC / I am already familiar with it because Parts directly from Japan are 1/3 the price compared to local prices even with shipping and taxes...
The Plug you mentioned sits a little bit further back.

My best guess is that some bracket from the tank should be mounted there

Tom, on a second thought you might be right. I looked for the inner rear mounting position for the drivers seat for reference and realized I was looking at the wrong set of holes in the drawing all the time (spaced further apart and further in front)...

Huge Thanks to every one that helped me out and for the warm welcome to the forum! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom