What are the most wanted JDM features you guys looking for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For those of you coveting the tire carrier, do remember that there is some significant reinforcement built into the quarter panels on vehicles so equipped. Those reinforcements are not present unless the vehicle was equipped with a carrier when it was built. Reinforcing the quarter panel is extremely difficult.

A lot of owners take them off here. Mine didn't come with the mounts and I'm the oddball that wants one....for my rear tire mounting ski carrier I had on my 70. There are a stack of the carriers sitting in the junk pile at my local Cruiser shop but as you say...it's a significant amount of work to fit one to a truck like mine. You can pick them up on Yahoo auctions for about 50 bucks a piece.

For your reference, pics of my rig the day I brought it home showing the factory curtains (so I've been told) and dealer installed camping kit.

That's called the "Active Vacation" package. Mine had it too AND mine was a rare one with the rear side sliding windows. Everyone has ripped out the camping gear since the taxes for owning a camping vehicle (8 number plate) shot way up about 10 years ago. Most 80 series and all 70 series are registered as 1 number utility vehicles now which means low(er) taxes and cheaper Shaken (inspection)....but higher highway tolls and the Shaken is yearly instead of every 2 years for normal vehicles.
You can pick up the camping sets like yours on the auctions for about $120 or so... rare to see curtains and the kit still installed...cool. :cheers:

Rear A/C
Passenger chicken bar
Aux fuel tank (I know, not JDM but ADM??)
The altimeter/rear fuel tank gauge set.

Seen a few, FJ81 models thou

Good luck retrofitting it :p

Correct. Only the JDM petrol (gasoline) FJ80 and FZJ80 had the rear A/C. And only if equipped with the lift-up back door, not the swing-out type.

None of the JDM diesel HDJ81 or HZJ81 had rear A/C.

Ok guys, I apologize for not getting back to you guys. Been extremely busy and almost forgot about this thread that I have posted.

Thank you for chiming in and let me know what you guys are interested and I will see what can I do.
I will be getting some goodies as we are speaking. Some of you ask about the grab bar for the front passenger dash and I am doing a group buy now:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...ont-passenger-infamous-grab-bar-interest.html

The following are some of the goodies I will be getting soon. Let me know if you are interested.

1. Seat recliner
2. VX emblem, Limited emblem, 24VALVE decal, Turbo or Diesel front grille Emblem
3. 80 Series hatch ( LandCruiser ) name plate
4. Turbo decal for the rear quarter panel
5. JDM 80 series Seat Heater Switch with little left and right sign with harness
6. Discontinued sunroof visor in IvoryOak/Tan Trim4 for 95-97 80 series.
7. 80 seriesJDM license plate and light holder
8. 80 series JDM AUX condenser Fan
9. 80 series Quad headlights ( 4 lights )
10. 80 series hand throttle kit
11. 100 Series VXR Emblem
12. 100 Series clear front corner lense/light

I will go over your wish list and get back to you I promise. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions at anytime.

Last edited:
Quad headlights were not a JDM option and even if they were they would be setup for RHD.

Quad headlights were not a JDM option and even if they were they would be setup for RHD.

Thanks for pointing it out. I should have be more clear on the list. The quad light does not includes the actual lamps, you can buy the US spec lamp in walk in part store. Or I can get them for the buyer as well =)

I'd really like a set of the Quad Lights. Which bulbs are needed for LHD? Also, How much?

Also, there is a JDM Roof Rack with gutter mounts, has anyone seen this for sale anywhere?

I'd really like a set of the Quad Lights. Which bulbs are needed for LHD? Also, How much?

Also, there is a JDM Roof Rack with gutter mounts, has anyone seen this for sale anywhere?

The Quad light set is $459 shipped within the US. This is the set without the factory right hand drive lamps to save you some money as it is not street legal to use right hand drive lamp anyway.

You will need the 4"x6.5" size sealed or unsealed lamp for this, 2 H4 and 2 H1 will do. Ciebie should be one of the best, it is hard to get them now. Hella is very good as well.

You can also order the lamps from Toyota for FJ62 as well, they are the same. Found some info for you:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/468325-hella-ece-headlights-fj62.html

https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/354712-headlight-wire-harness-fj60-fj62.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions and if you want it I can get them for you. Thanks =)

Ian

I've never seen a JDM truck with rear A/C.

Pretty sure the rear AC was a Middle East model thing, but I am fairly new to land cruisers and am by no means an expert

I would really like the overhead altimeter and incline gauge.

I would really like the overhead altimeter and incline gauge.

Are you looking for the one with compass/ altimeter or sub gas/ altimeter? What year and color?

I was going to say that I'd like to get those JDM dual headlights (pictured below) until I found out what 144,900 Yen was in dollars. - $1400!

Is that right??

4WD10_S0285_057.jpg

I was going to say that I'd like to get those JDM dual headlights (pictured below) until I found out what 144,900 Yen was in dollars. - $1400! Is that right??

They aren't JDM rather Australian and a few other countries.

We have the H4 high low and the H3 fog on ours

That is way too high!! :eek: I can get a sets for you much cheaper, PM you :)

I was going to say that I'd like to get those JDM dual headlights (pictured below) until I found out what 144,900 Yen was in dollars. - $1400!

Is that right??

4WD10_S0285_057.jpg

The good thing about those crappy quad sealed headlights is that they sell LED headlights and you can have the absolute latest technology
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/767006-jw-speaker-led-headlight-upgrade-2.html

but I think the oem usa headlights are really good, especially with a cheap bulb upgrade.

----------
ranma21,
Sunroof visor trim- is that the beige surround that fills the gap between the headliner and glass?
if so, what is the price? thanks

That is for the actual sun visor, not trim. The trim 4 mentioned is the color code.

[QUOTEranma21,
Sunroof visor trim- is that the beige surround that fills the gap between the headliner and glass?
if so, what is the price? thanks[/QUOTE]

my hdj80

doubletank.jpg

:d

waaaaannnntttt

edit:......image link is broken but its on the first page. its for the from lights and sunroof controls but has a sub-fuel tank level indicator and altimeter!

waaaaannnntttt

edit:......image link is broken but its on the first page. its for the from lights and sunroof controls but has a sub-fuel tank level indicator and altimeter!

Sure I can get one for you. PM you =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom