welded harmonic balancer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
would welding a harmonic balancer cause any long term issues . i need one for my 12ht . i have an old one off a 2h but they are rare as hens teeth . i have had 2 fail from an aussie supplier.

Sure .. can you believe the engineers at Toyota take the time to design it ( harmonic balancer ) they way they are just for fun, or to make them more expensive ..?

Sure you will have long ( or not so long ) term issues ..

yeh roger. i was going to be getting it done at our workshop at the mine. pretty sure ive read on here before of others doing it. as long as its balanced should be right hey?? So Tapage u are being sarcastic right. ?? what sort of issues would u expect from a solid balancer correctly balanced. the dampening effect of the rubber compound sleeve would be minimal wouldnt it

i guess this probably not the best idea if i want the old motor to last .

exactly .. as a temporary solution maybe .. but not a long term ..

I parked my truck last week because I noticed a wobble in mine. I'm waiting for my socket to come in the mail to remove it and see what is going on. It's not worth the damage to the crankshaft, bearings, rods, pistons, piston walls, head.... need I say more. A bad vibration in the crank shaft will undoubtedly cause the engine to rattle itself to pieces. Eventually. And maybe sooner than eventually.

yeh im having a real issue finding a replacement. 2 new powerbond ones pulled apart . i mite have to buy a 2h motor and take balancer off. . still waiting on a delivery from another aussie company. not holding my breath.

Someone posted a link in another thread about harmonic balancers to a company that specializes in rare and impossible to find harmonic balancers. It's all they do. They custom design things for race cars and odd ball things as well if I'm not mistaken. I'll try to find it for you.

DamperDoctor
I'd call them if your shipment from Australia doesn't do the job.

A friend tried welding a harmonic balanced for another car and even as a professional welder it was a challenge for him to get the two pieces properly aligned. You would be better off having a single piece made custom at a machine shop. If it’s a weld done pulley, centered and true it should work fine.

A friend tried welding a harmonic balanced for another car and even as a professional welder it was a challenge for him to get the two pieces properly aligned. You would be better off having a single piece made custom at a machine shop. If it’s a weld done pulley, centered and true it should work fine.
yes this did cross my mind we have some magic old timers in the workshops who i know could turn one easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom