Weld on slider? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my white knuckle sliders today. Went to install and with the ASFIR skid plate it’s too thick for the U bolts. I initially tried to bend u bolts, but then the holes obviously couldn’t be aligned on slider. Next I cut and drilled out brackets, but the bracket hits the body at top so not much room or ability to use bracket in that location (thickness of ubolt is about all the room I have).

Next options:
1. Find a slightly wider u bolt…but then the holes won’t be aligned and not much room to redrill sliders.

2. Weld them bitches on.

3. Some other obvious idea I haven’t realized is an option.

IMG_5902.jpeg

IMG_5903.jpeg

IMG_5909.jpeg

Also a WK slider owner here... Mine are bolt on and I vote weld on all day. They don't restrict access to anything. The only need for your sliders to ever come off is to repair severe body damage... which is kinda the reason they're there. Take those ugly brackets off, make your body gap perfect and glue them up.

Last edited:
Also a WK slider owner here... Mine are bolt on and I vote weld on all day. They don't restrict access to anything. The only need for your sliders to ever come off is to repair severe body damage... which is kinda the reason they're there. Get those ugly brackets off of there, make your body gap perfect, and glue them up.
Yup. Under the rig now sopping wet trying to get lined up. Once this rain stops I’ll get them welded on.

Thanks for the reply and motivation

Yup. Under the rig now sopping wet trying to get lined up. Once this rain stops I’ll get them welded on.

Thanks for the reply and motivation
If can get some pics of how it turns out I would appreciate it! I have considered plug welding studs to plates and then welding the plates to the frame, to eliminate the clearance issues but keep them removable for repainting.

Reactions: GTV
If can get some pics of how it turns out I would appreciate it! I have considered plug welding studs to plates and then welding the plates to the frame, to eliminate the clearance issues but keep them removable for repainting.

That is a neat idea. You could make them look like a factory option.

How often will the tops of your sliders need painting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom