Welcome to the Family 1981 HJ47 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh Lord.........
1614´phböäööüü.jpg

I absolutely love that roof rack with ladder, almost like a rollcage... is that welded/attached to the rear bumper and to the frame underneath the front?

Nice find. A troopy with that patina is also one of my dream cruisers!

Time for some updates, I was waiting for fire season to get over just in case we have to move everything out like last year. Troopy is next to the shop and Thanks to @orangefj45 and a few others I am starting to get a parts list together. This week I started cleaning up the engine compartment and worked on flushing the system. Some ATF in the engine, trans and t case. I was surprised to learn a 2H holds 11.3 quarts of oil. Surprise LOL I am still learning and really looking forward to getting it up on jack stands. Plan is pull the front and rear axles apart for a complete rebuild, seals, gaskets and anything else we find. I dont expect this to be a 90 day LV build Long term plan is this will be our new Road trip Cruiser.

IMG_20211112_131107378.jpg

IMG_20211112_114417429_BURST000_COVER_TOP (1).jpg

You’re gonna need a bigger drain pan than expected!!!!
Hahaha
The ATF should help break down the gunk in your engine. I’d love to see a before & after pic!

You’re gonna need a bigger drain pan than expected!!!!
Hahaha
The ATF should help break down the gunk in your engine. I’d love to see a before & after pic!
Here are a few before pics I scraped out as much of the sludge as I could. I'll give it a few weeks and run it for several hours

IMG_20211110_095134574.jpg

IMG_20211110_095150910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom