Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi everyone. Long time LC fan, new owner.

My search extended for the better part of year and a half, bouncing between the 80 and 100 series, leaning towards the 100 because of the kids. I'm really fond of the 60 series, but I wanted a little creature comfort for our road trips.

Anyhow...I couldn't find anything I liked for the amount of money I was willing to spend (cursing the popularity and the internet). Then I came across a 200 series (2014) for sale last month. I decided to go for a little drive and check it out. Took it for a 20 minute drive and immediately loved it! Comfort, luxury, and capability! Wow!

Knowing I wanted it right then and there, combined with how long I've been looking... I had to force myself to sit on it, just to give myself some extra time and to look around a bit more. That lasted a whole 3 days. Since I was out of town, I ended up buying it over the phone and picked it up Jul 10th.

I headed straight to the dealership to pickup a new air filter, cabin air filter, and the heritage series rear trunk mat for my 3rd row seat delete. Dealer was nice enough to match online prices. Got home, stared at it for a bit and then hopped on Amazon and started shopping. Ordered some Husky mats for the first and second row seats, new jack stands, storage for the cooler area. Then started shopping for rims and tires, installed the following week. Ordered suspension the week after, and some extruded aluminum from T-Nutz.com. I've been on pause of late, but have been enjoying every minute with the new truck.

Next in line is some sliders, and possibly a rear swing-out.

Loving ih8mud! Gotta say it was great finding the forums here, but also tormenting while I was searching for an LC.

-Kas

IMG_20200715_082232.jpg

IMG_20200715_083535.jpg

IMG_20200715_081047.jpg

IMG_20200818_151218.jpg

IMG_20200822_123020.jpg

My search extended for the better part of year and a half, bouncing between the 80 and 100 series, leaning towards the 100 because of the kids. I'm really fond of the 60 series, but I wanted a little creature comfort for our road trips.

Anyhow...I couldn't find anything I liked for the amount of money I was willing to spend (cursing the popularity and the internet). Then I came across a 200 series (2014) for sale last month. I decided to go for a little drive and check it out. Took it for a 20 minute drive and immediately loved it! Comfort, luxury, and capability! Wow!

Knowing I wanted it right then and there, combined with how long I've been looking... I had to force myself to sit on it, just to give myself some extra time and to look around a bit more. That lasted a whole 3 days. Since I was out of town, I ended up buying it over the phone and picked it up Jul 10th.

I headed straight to the dealership to pickup a new air filter, cabin air filter, and the heritage series rear trunk mat for my 3rd row seat delete. Dealer was nice enough to match online prices. Got home, stared at it for a bit and then hopped on Amazon and started shopping. Ordered some Husky mats for the first and second row seats, new jack stands, storage for the cooler area. Then started shopping for rims and tires, installed the following week. Ordered suspension the week after, and some extruded aluminum from T-Nutz.com. I've been on pause of late, but have been enjoying every minute with the new truck.

Loving ih8mud! Gotta say it was great finding the forums here, but also tormenting while I was searching for an LC.

-Kas

View attachment 2416938

View attachment 2416939

View attachment 2416940

View attachment 2416941

View attachment 2416943
What size ATIII’s are they? How do you like them? How’s the toad noise?

What size ATIII’s are they? How do you like them? How’s the toad noise?

285/70/17's.

Comparing the noise to the Hankook's that were on my truck (same size tire), these IMO aren't bad at all. In fact, I don't even notice them. As for tire comparison. So far, they haven't disappointed me one bit. I've had a chance to test them in light rain, sand, dirt, rocks, and pavement. Based on results, I'd buy them again. The real test will be the snow when winter roles around. If they do well there, I'll likely stick with these and won't change unless something game breaking comes out. I went through two sets of Hankook's because they worked well for my needs, just felt like a change and wanted to give Toyo a go. I might throw a review up on youtube after I've had a chance to test them in snow.

-Kas

View attachment 2416938

View attachment 2416939

View attachment 2416940

View attachment 2416941

View attachment 2416943

What rims did you get?

What suspension did you have installed.
I went with the Ironman foam cell pro kit. It was between Ironman and King. Initially, I was looking at King since they are a 30 minute drive from me and I've used them before..but I wasn't looking forward to the dent in the pocket book, and knew I'd need some tuning done. Ultimately, I wanted a turn key solution and went with Ironman. I probably messaged them via chat at least 10 times and they have been quick to respond and answer all of my questions. I have to say I'm impressed! Overall, ride quality has improved drastically on highway, and they haven't disappointed off highway! On highway, It's a bit more firm, but very comfy. I knew I struck gold when my wife said.. wow it drives a lot nicer!

I can't compare these to the other kits out there, only to what I've used in the past on my other vehicles (carli/king) different application use though. Also, I haven't tested these in extreme heat..but then again, I don't want to be out overlanding/wheeling in extreme heat, so I doubt I'll be testing them in these conditions anytime soon. We'll see how they pan out long term. UCA's are something I'd recommend but aren't needed right away (currently shopping for those).

Hope that helps in your decision. With all of the quality kits out there, I'm sure you can't go wrong.

-Kas

Thank you for responding... I am currently looking at the OME {standard), BP51s, and Ironman FC.

I am leaning towards the IM CFs. Seems like you get a lot of the money.

I am going to go with the OME UCArms. They seem to back their products very well, and it looks like I will save a couple of hundred bucks.

Thanks again! Have a good rest of your weekend.

CL

Thank you for responding... I am currently looking at the OME {standard), BP51s, and Ironman FC.

I am leaning towards the IM CFs. Seems like you get a lot of the money.

I am going to go with the OME UCArms. They seem to back their products very well, and it looks like I will save a couple of hundred bucks.

Thanks again! Have a good rest of your weekend.

CL
No problem at all! Thanks!

Nice!! Yeah, the IM CF's do give you quite a bit for the money spent! It's turn-key and they're very responsive with customer service/support.

I'll have to check out the OME UCA's. To be honest, I haven't really given them much thought as of late. I think once I'm ready to buy I'll take a look. Camburg is local for me, so I'll give them a hard look first, but won't rule any others out.

You'll have to post some before and after shots once you get the suspension in!

I'm working on lighting(LEDs) and storage at the moment...need to figure out what I want to do about storage. We split our time between places, and storage is key since the local Costco is 2hrs out...it's much easier bringing things up from our main place where we've got two costco's with 15min of each other.

-Kas

-Kas

View attachment 2416938

View attachment 2416939

View attachment 2416940

View attachment 2416941

View attachment 2416943
Loving your LC. I also just bought a 2014, and ready to pull the trigger on the lift. Have decided on the Ironman FCP's ...curious if you got upper control arms at the same time? Also assume you got the 2 inch lift? Sounds crazy, but I am considering the 1 inch... I upgraded the tires (275/70/18). Mainly want a slightly lifted look. Stock suspension was a little too comfy - too much sway and dip. I'm mostly highway so figured a 1 inch might suffice. Here's mine as it sits now.
203.jpg

Loving your LC. I also just bought a 2014, and ready to pull the trigger on the lift. Have decided on the Ironman FCP's ...curious if you got upper control arms at the same time? Also assume you got the 2 inch lift? Sounds crazy, but I am considering the 1 inch... I upgraded the tires (275/70/18). Mainly want a slightly lifted look. Stock suspension was a little too comfy - too much sway and dip. I'm mostly highway so figured a 1 inch might suffice. Here's mine as it sits now.View attachment 2451363
Thanks and Congrats!! You've got a really clean looking 200!! When I was hunting I was looking for black or white, the silver grew on me the second I drove it. Black looks really good though!! The tires alone change the look of the truck!

Yeah, I'm loving the FCP's!! I went with the 2" lift, mainly because I wanted extra clearance and because I knew I'd be doing some moderate trails, with some exploring...like my wife telling me to run through this loop the other day (exploring the fall colors) which led me through two streams, some articulation, pin striping, and a fairly long rock garden! My 3yr old threw up at the end of the trail (had a little stomach ache and the up and down made it worse..glad she had a blanket!), the 6yr was loving it! The trail was really fun!! I didn't get the UCA's when I purchased the lift, it's still on my to-do list. (sliders, UCA's, and BD fogs for winter driving). Even with the 2" lift, the highway driving was noticeably better than OEM suspension, so I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. If you're on the fence, and if it's no difference in cost, you might want to go with the 2" just in case you ever need it. I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference driving on the highway. The OEM suspension made the truck feel like an old caddy my parents used to drive, as you said sway and dip. Are you planning on UCA's?

Loving your LC. I also just bought a 2014, and ready to pull the trigger on the lift. Have decided on the Ironman FCP's ...curious if you got upper control arms at the same time? Also assume you got the 2 inch lift? Sounds crazy, but I am considering the 1 inch... I upgraded the tires (275/70/18). Mainly want a slightly lifted look. Stock suspension was a little too comfy - too much sway and dip. I'm mostly highway so figured a 1 inch might suffice. Here's mine as it sits now.

Looks great, Also having a 2014 black. The new 70 tires rub somewhere on inner fenders? what all you did with it? spacers?
My lift is 1.5inch with Toughdog shocks and King springs.

Hi Everyone,

I picked up a new to me LC200 a couple of months ago, after a long search flip flopping between Cruisers, LR4s, and GX460s. Fortunately I found what was basically exactly what I wanted in a Land Cruiser. 114k miles, one owner, always dealer maintained, never crashed, from San Diego.

I contacted the dealer before they even had pictures posted, and booked my flight the next day after placing a deposit. Everything checked out in person, and after signing on Xes and handing over the check, I headed north, visiting family for a night. On the way home I spent the night up near White Mountain in the Eastern Sierras, admiring the Ancient Bristlecone Pines that grow at 11,000'.

First Time Getting Dirty.jpg

As far as I can tell, that was the first time the truck had ever seen dirt.

After that my girlfriend and I went on a 3500 mile road trip out to Glacier National Park, Yellowstone, and Grand Tetons. The Cruiser ran like a champ, and was comfortable enough to drive from Jackson WY to San Jose in a single shot.

McDonald Bridge.jpg

Grand Tetons.jpg

When we got back home I completed all of the recommended 120k mile services, and mounted a set of TRD Rock Warriors.

Thanks to everyone that's shared their knowledge on these forums, hopefully I can add something useful.

Cheers,
-Jeff

New member. New to the Landcruiser fold with a 2020. Coming from a GWagen preceded by a Tacoma TRD Sport preceded by a 4Runner Limited. I’ll daily drive this in traffic on flat straight South Florida roads.

Past Toyota’s were lifted a few inches with larger tires. I’ll add the same type setup to the Landcruiser as well.
5DD26FE7-18E7-4C9C-90AD-95B374BD7961.jpeg
FB9DD95D-1DD3-4EBF-B126-D2EFF31DFFE5.jpeg
DA10DFF3-0929-4A81-A1D4-C7AFFD52FA2E.jpeg
01D67127-ECE7-411E-B09F-CAB9AFB84E9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello guys.
New guy here, from Europe, Croatia!
I own my 200 for almost 3 years, and after some reading of this forum I've decided to register. I hope this is the right place to introduce myself. I still have to learn how to put images here XD but let me describe my car. Black 2008. 200, 4.5 d-4d, full LED front lights, Hella supertones + sharptones + OEM horns, Ironman 2" lift and 275/70/18 toyo m/t tires on some wheels taken off some 100 series.
Also, I did exhaust cutout to let it breathe better because i had to repair both turbos at 190 000 km (now it's at almost 280 000 km).
I do as much off roading as I can, sometimes every week, sometimes once a month. I also do work with the car, and my work includes some off roading to find some stuff that i do business with so I enjoy it pretty often.
Greetings from Croatia!
Oh yeah, few days ago I've done a diff drop with some kit from e-bay.

IMG_20200618_104749_475.jpg

Hello All:

I'm one of your new moderators here in the 200 section of IH8MUD.com which is, ostensibly, the world largest and most important internet-based repository of LC knowledge and community.

I am a devoted Cruiser Head and own a number of running and non-running Cruisers.

My main goal in the 200 series section is difficult to declare in any manner that might not come across as being overly "cautious". I say this due to the contentious nature of discussion--historically--between those whom own 200 series Cruisers (in all of their variations) and those who do not and maybe are here to get information, to see what the 200 series is all about, or other non-technical pursuits. There has been, as we all well know, significant amounts of mis-information and dis-information that has been posted here and represented as "bona fide technical information" about these vehicles that have become evident and apparent as being not only false but, using internet terminology, "troll-like behaviour."

This forum will continue to be an important area of technical information and knowledge. I want this section to be an informative area where those whom own the 200 can share tech tips, issues, modifications, upgrades, etc., without feeling like someone will come in and bash their vehicle and it's value to that individual. This location will also serve as an important location for those folks looking at the 200 series to add to their collection of Land Cruisers (perhaps) or if they are a first-time purchaser of a Toyota Land Cruiser, for this location to reflect the important heritage and history of this iconic vehicle.

I am quite serious about this as I want to make this sub section just as important as the other subsections here on MUD that are at the tops of internet web searching hits and rankings. I want people to come to MUD to discuss, research, and share their information and love of the 200 series variant of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

With that all being said, I hope that this location will suit many of the needs of 200 series owners and potential owners in the future; I hope this location will provide valuable information through experience and knowledge; I hope this location will be a place to share and discuss and commune.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact me via PM or email. I'll be happy to address any concerns members might have with interaction that goes on in the 200 section.

With Best Regards,
-onur
View attachment 589899
Crystal clear and thank you for your leadership

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom