Welcome to the 200 Series Forums: Start Here and Read First (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello!

I purchased a new Nautical Blue LC in July 2017. It is about to turn 60k miles and has been trouble-free so far (to be expected!)

Service history to date:
  • Oil/filter changes at 10K, 20K,30k, 40k, 50k and 55k. (20k, 40k and 50k were done by me.)
  • Rear pads and rotors at 30k
  • 4 tires at 35k (Cooper Discoverers, not recommended)
  • Front pads and rotors at 55K
  • New F&R wiper blades at 55k
  • Airbag recall check at 55k
  • 4 new tires at 57k. (For this set went with Michelin LTX's because they have a treadwear rating of 780. I hope to get to at least 100-120K with these)
Unfortunately due to Covid she's not being used much the last 8 months :(

Observations after three years of ownership:
  • The engine and trans seem to be just broken-in now, it's a gem combo
  • Chassis feels like its built from a block of granite. No rattles, squeaks, etc. Well put together!
  • The ride is surprisingly plush. So plush that I wouldn't mind some stiffer springs.
  • 13.5 mpg overall (I knew this going in and is to be expected of a 5900lb truck).
  • Needs a bigger fuel tank
  • Seats are very comfortable, and the leather is of very high quality
  • Steering is over-assisted
  • When loaded, the chassis wallows at >70mph as if the rear shocks have lost charge. Comfort zone is <70 IMO. Too soft.
  • Headroom is tight for a driver >6'1". My hair hits the headliner sometimes.
  • Tows well. The heaviest tow so far has been a Farmall Cub on a HD 2-axle trailer (~2,600lb ) and it didn't even flinch.
  • No signs of corrosion, except for a touch on the hitch which I now clean and apply Fluid Film once per year
  • Switching to "2nd Start" turns off "Eco" mode while cruising but per the mpg gauge, mpg goes up. I thought it would be the other way around?
  • The sound system is excellent
  • The rear entertainment monitors are never used and obtrusive. If they can be temporarily removed without major surgery LMK!
  • This is a very rare vehicle - can go months without seeing another 200 on the road!
  • My neighbor said "Nice 4Runner" when I first got it :(
So far its been a great vehicle and is worth the $.

Hello!

I purchased a new Nautical Blue LC in July 2017. It is about to turn 60k miles and has been trouble-free so far (to be expected!)

Service history to date:
  • Oil/filter changes at 10K, 20K,30k, 40k, 50k and 55k. (20k, 40k and 50k were done by me.)
  • 4 new tires at 57k. (For this set went with Michelin LTX's because they have a treadwear rating of 780. I hope to get to at least 100-120K with these)

• Chassis feels like its built from a block of granite. No rattles, squeaks, etc. Well put together!
  • The ride is surprisingly plush. So plush that I wouldn't mind some stiffer springs.
  • 13.5 mpg overall (I knew this going in and is to be expected of a 5900lb truck).
  • When loaded, the chassis wallows at >70mph as if the rear shocks have lost charge. Comfort zone is <70 IMO. Too soft.
  • Tows well. The heaviest tow so far has been a Farmall Cub on a HD 2-axle trailer (~2,600lb ) and it didn't even flinch.
  • No signs of corrosion, except for a touch on the hitch which I now clean and apply Fluid Film once per year
  • Switching to "2nd Start" turns off "Eco" mode while cruising but per the mpg gauge, mpg goes up. I thought it would be the other way around?
  • The rear entertainment monitors are never used and obtrusive. If they can be temporarily removed without major surgery LMK!
  • This is a very rare vehicle - can go months without seeing another 200 on the road!

Great synopsis. Curious what changes you noticed to comment on the break in of the trans/engine.
My 07 V8 4Runner drives and shifts like the day it was brought home.

Great synopsis. Curious what changes you noticed to comment on the break in of the trans/engine.
My 07 V8 4Runner drives and shifts like the day it was brought home.

No changes per ce. It all sounds and operates just like it did on Day One.

No changes per ce. It all sounds and operates just like it did on Day One.
I have noticed that the 8 speed is quite clunky on low speed up shifts and down shifts. Can definitely feel the shifts when they occur.

Agreed.

Sometimes I experience a rather clunky transition when going from D to R and then back to D. But while moving at speed it shifts nicely though.

I consider this vehicle to be a heavy duty suv/truck, so I can live with the higher levels of NVH than a Highlander or Pilot might have

I have noticed that the 8 speed is quite clunky on low speed up shifts and down shifts. Can definitely feel the shifts when they occur.
What year is your truck? Did you have the software update completed at a dealer? The 2016-17’s (I believe) have a flash update available through dealers. My 2016 shifted rough until I had the update done (I bought it used in 2017), now it shifts much more smoothly.

What year is your truck? Did you have the software update completed at a dealer? The 2016-17’s (I believe) have a flash update available through dealers. My 2016 shifted rough until I had the update done (I bought it used in 2017), now it shifts much more smoothly.
2020 bought with 6 miles on it. Now at 8k.

It’s not rough, it’s just not as smooth as the 5 or 6 speed 100 and early 200 transmission, respectively.

Hello!

Service history to date:

I see you mention fluid film the hitch. Do you also take care of the undercarriage as well? Definitely worth it especially the KDSS bolts .

The rear screens can be removed and there is a thread on that, I believe trexbox sells covers for when you remove the screen.

The eco light is just a light that comes on depending on how much throttle input you have that's it.

I see you mention fluid film the hitch. Do you also take care of the undercarriage as well? Definitely worth it especially the KDSS bolts .

The rear screens can be removed and there is a thread on that, I believe trexbox sells covers for when you remove the screen.

The eco light is just a light that comes on depending on how much throttle input you have that's it.

I have power washed the underside but have not checked out the KDSS bolts. Will check them!

Will check out that thread on the screens delete too

Hello Everyone,
Long time lurker and hope I am posting in the right place with my intro.
I fell in love with LC’s in 1978 when my uncle bought a new mustard yellow FJ40. 1992 when I was living in Tahoe I came across an identical FJ40 with 60,000 miles and my journey began. I have also had a 1997 80 series and a 2105 200 that I leased. Last month I went big and purchased a 2021 asit seems this will be the last year for the LC in the states, at least in its current form.
Looking forward to being part of this community!

23613B1B-E5A5-4D05-9030-664BC06F9EBF.png

Hello!
Joined this morning after 10+ years of lurking— due to finally bringing home a 2021 HE last night.
I grew up in the ‘70’s, riding in FJ40 rear jump seats.
I am at longtime Toyota fan, but hadn’t ever driven an LC until the test drive yesterday. First impressions after only a few miles in the dark:
So well built. It feels like it was cut from a solid steel block.
Better than expected visibility and sight lines.
Power and maneuverability feel great for a rig this size. Forward progress has a feeling of inevitability. I love the slight squat and lift of the hood under acceleration.

What tires are people liking on these bronze heritage edition wheels? I’ve been diving through the tire and build threads, but haven’t made a decision yet. Clearly the bbs are special but I wish the offset was a little better. I’d like to run a little bigger tire, but won’t be lifting or modifying for at least 3 years. I would like to do better on snow than the stock Dunlops. I will run an occasional trail. Otherwise mostly commuting and family duties.

I've had a 2000 LC and have a 99 LX470, but I am excited for my first 200. Just loaded up on the transport a few days ago and is on the way to AZ! Looking forward to a build and sharing here in this forum.
IMG_3573.jpeg

Picked up a '21 Heritage Edition last week. thrilled is an understatement. i've been lusting after an LC since test driving a white FJ60 in 1985 but decided (OK, wife decided) it was a bit of a stretch on a grad student stipend. Have been very happy with 4Runners and a Tundra since then. but nothing compares to the fit and finish of the LC. My last two 5th Gen 4Runners were black and I hoped to get a white 200 to better hide the inevitable pinstriping it will get here in the Pac NW but no white ones available. still, couldn't be happier and didnt want to jeopardize a good end of the year deal waiting on a color. Blizzaks go on tomorrow then will finally get to test it out the winter highway/mountain pass handling.

initial impressions of 'the little things':

seriously love the heated steering wheel
best headlights i've had
360 degree video is great
like the tailgate but miss the roll down rear window
i miss the fold-flat 2nd row in the 4Runner
the full-time 4WD will probably grow on me
not enough little cubbies to stash phone, knife, change, wallet, etc.

a quick pic - it's Oregon so it's raining. better ones to come.

LC.jpg

Picked up a '21 Heritage Edition last week. thrilled is an understatement. i've been lusting after an LC since test driving a white FJ60 in 1985 but decided (OK, wife decided) it was a bit of a stretch on a grad student stipend. Have been very happy with 4Runners and a Tundra since then. but nothing compares to the fit and finish of the LC. My last two 5th Gen 4Runners were black and I hoped to get a white 200 to better hide the inevitable pinstriping it will get here in the Pac NW but no white ones available. still, couldn't be happier and didnt want to jeopardize a good end of the year deal waiting on a color. Blizzaks go on tomorrow then will finally get to test it out the winter highway/mountain pass handling.

initial impressions of 'the little things':

seriously love the heated steering wheel
best headlights i've had
360 degree video is great
like the tailgate but miss the roll down rear window
i miss the fold-flat 2nd row in the 4Runner
the full-time 4WD will probably grow on me
not enough little cubbies to stash phone, knife, change, wallet, etc.

a quick pic - it's Oregon so it's raining. better ones to come.

View attachment 2546229

The lack of cubbies has been my complaint with our 2019 LC. I drive a 2018 4Rnr and I love its simplicity. But the LC is by far our favorite vehicle...that's with a 16 Lexus GSF, 14 Nissan GTR, 74 Celica GT rhd.

The lack of cubbies has been my complaint with our 2019 LC. I drive a 2018 4Rnr and I love its simplicity. But the LC is by far our favorite vehicle...that's with a 16 Lexus GSF, 14 Nissan GTR, 74 Celica GT rhd.
Quite the stable of Japanese engineering. Some of which are the absolute pinnacle.

Would love to take a drive in a GSF/GTR.

Quite the stable of Japanese engineering. Some of which are the absolute pinnacle.

Would love to take a drive in a GSF/GTR.

We love both cars...wife bought the GSF because she loves V8s. I'm good as long as it's fun to drive. The Celica has no radio, loud as he'll, and smells like old cars. Love it.

Hey-yo new to the forum.

Wife and I picked up a 2019 LC200 just over a month ago. Already busy pulling some things off and adding on...just like on our 4Runner. We love the 4Runner and have done some cool trails, camping, skiing, etc in it. Hit the Magruder Corridor last summer and had a great time. I am excited to do some of our longer road trips in the LC. For now the 4Runner is in my profile pic since the LC hasn't made it off pavement...but soon enough. Planning on some Budbuilt rock rails in the near future!

John

Hello all. New to the forum. In about May’ I’ll be looking for a a LX570, so I’ve just begun my research. This will be the family road trip cruiser and occasional camping / cross country vehicle that occasionally pulls a small camper.

if anyone has any links to the different packages and differences between years I’d greatly appreciate it. I think money will allow only a 2008-2010 model. I love the big grill stuff (I have a 2016 Lexus as my daily commuter that I love the grill on).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom