Welcome to our Corner: Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome, there are a few of us that can answer questions about modding and tech questions about these vehicles. Some of us can even handle the highly technical mods you may not be comfortable doing. Unfortunately I don't know anyone running veg oil in their rigs. I've heard of it but never seen the system other than on tv.

Thanks Phoenix,
Another question. Anyone in the peace region or Edmonton running veggie oil in their diesel?

A friend of mine had a BJ74 that had a veggie oil system. He sold for a non-rusty Pajero. Maybe Torqueluvr will comment...

I'd love to get my 61 a conversion just for a better smell idling on the trails and cheaper fuel., Probably would only work in summer months though. There is lots of info on the interweb, I'm not sure about your engine and but it seems that the older diesels will burn almost anything.

Newb

Name is Martin Leming. Just got my first yota last year and it won't be my last. 91 fj80 with 33 trail diggers underfoot. Love it! Just hate the $ I keep pouring into the tank. Lol. Am looking for someone and somewhere to go wheeling.

image.jpg

Nice rig.

About the only close place to go wheeling is T.O.R.E which is about 1/2 an hour west of town. It's good for trying out your new mods and still being close enough to get your rig home if something breaks.

Check out:
RMLCA.ca - Rocky Mountain Land Cruiser Association
NA4WDA.org - Northern Alberta 4 Wheel Drive Association

Hope to see you on the trail.

Greg

Time to Introduce Myself

So, I have owned this 45 for about a year now but I wanted to wait to post until I had it fully insured.

After slowly completing all that was necessary to please the insurance Gods, I can now drive wherever I want whenever I want.

Hope to meet up with local Edmontonians and get some advice on wrenching as I don't have a lot of experience in that area. The truck is in great condition, but there will be things that have to be maintained, adjusted or rebuilt I suspect.

At this point I have it where I think I am going to keep it ina state where I can drive it, so no teardowns or any of the like, I will work on things like the box or frame that will still allow me to drive it while working on things.

Hope to be at the next wing night!

DSC02433.jpg

Click on the link in my sig for the whole story.

DSC02433.jpg

So, I have owned this 45 for about a year now but I wanted to wait to post until I had it fully insured.

After slowly completing all that was necessary to please the insurance Gods, I can now drive wherever I want whenever I want.

Hope to meet up with local Edmontonians and get some advice on wrenching as I don't have a lot of experience in that area. The truck is in great condition, but there will be things that have to be maintained, adjusted or rebuilt I suspect.

At this point I have it where I think I am going to keep it ina state where I can drive it, so no teardowns or any of the like, I will work on things like the box or frame that will still allow me to drive it while working on things.

Hope to be at the next wing night!

Click on the link in my sig for the whole story.
i want

Nice! Either it snowed a lot while we were at Ruby, or that's a few months old pic of a nice 45. Best color too!

Hi gang,

My name is Trenton and I have owned 2 FJ62s; an 88 and an 89. My g/f and I called them my Land Bruisers.

I am on the lookout to buy another... or maybe an FJ40 or 80 depending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom