Welcome to my 1HDT rebuild nightmare. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So how did you end up priming the motor before you started it for the 1st time?
Congrats on getting it running? What did you end up spending?
I just unplugged the fuel solenoid until I built pressure on the gauge. Plugged it in, cracked the injector lines. Crunk it more until I saw fuel. Then as soon as I tightens the lines it fired right up.

I ended up spending about 10k getting a short block from Toyota Japan to the US. I had to pay a shop to transfer over all the parts off the old block. (Timing cover, pump, injectors etc)

X3 on the Gturbo being quiet, my red wheel was significantly quieted than the CT26.
What you need now is 25 psi, 4" intake into the turbo with a big panel filter and a 3" straight pipe exhaust, then you'll hear her sing! :cool:

X3 on the Gturbo being quiet, my red wheel was significantly quieted than the CT26.
What you need now is 25 psi, 4" intake into the turbo with a big panel filter and a 3" straight pipe exhaust, then you'll hear her sing! :cool:
I already have a 3in exhaust and it’s dumped at the rear tire. I do have a muffler though. My CT26 screamed compared to this thing. I will end up with a nice intake and front mount intercooler at some point.

Side note: crunk the boost up to 18psi. Took my fuel pin out and put it on the biggest ramp and adjusted spring tension and WOW she goes now. Before EGT was easily out of control and now I can floor it up hill and barley hit 900f pre turbo.

Where did you get that new short block from? Do you got a part number for it?
I don’t have a part number. Dave at JAPAN4x4 who is in japan was my source for getting the short block from Toyota in Japan to my door in San Diego.

I don’t have a part number. Dave at JAPAN4x4 who is in japan was my source for getting the short block from Toyota in Japan to my door in San Diego.

I guess that you called Dave at Japan 4x4? I was not able to locate a 1hd-t short block on the website at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom