Welcome Our New Membership/Safety Guy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Marshall accepted the new Membership and Safety Coordinator (MSC) position within the club. As the name implies, he is responsible for these two facets of our club and will soon be announcing his ideas for his organization.

Now we have two chefs and a MSC!! We can't beat that!

I say we drink more beer and yell so others can hear us and might join us! :flipoff2: :D

LOl. Now that's irony.

On a serious note. I hope to try to get and keep new members involved in our club and keep them in it. I'm working on some good ideas about how to do just that. Our local vendors as well as our dealerships, I believe, can help us greatly in growing our club.

And as far as safety. Well that's going to be a tough one especially with Chuck and Richard. :flipoff2: I think we have needed this for a long time in making sure that when we go on outings and such that we have vehicles that are safe and that we take the proper precautions to ensure everyones safety as much as possible.

Like catching that loose shackle before that long drive home from Tellico Marshall?? :D

safety first

Brakes including emergency in proper working condition.
Secured battery
Serviceable tires with spare
Lights
Horn
Registration/tags/insurance

Nice things:
First aid
Communications
Straps/chains/recovery gear
Spares...hehe....of about everything

WARNING Will Robinson...DANGER AHEAD....
It's every man for himself in the end.
You make the call. It's called ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK.
This stuff can be dangerous. Far be it from me to tell
anyone he can't do lower 2 in in a Pinto. Have at it Son!
HE ASSUMES THE RISK.
We NEVER encourage anyone to take risks.
Inform. They decide for themselves.
They look before they leap. hehe

A general, yet specific release of liability is the best bet.
We have one and it should be signed at EACH event.
Just my .02

Good call. I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'll just mention it, have you sign your name on the life insurance policy I take out in your name, then slap you on the back and say go for it Chuck! :flipoff2:

In all honesty I think this will be good for the club. Plus I can see me welding Chucks doors for him just so I don't get hurt.

Never said I wasn't finishing my doors. Only reason they look like they do is cause it was a last minute safety thing for tellico. If I had made it to tellico I'd a probably taped them up more so that if you decided to climb over the door Marshall you wouldn't of cut your nuts off. Just not a priority at the moment..got bigger fish to fry rather than my doors. Heck it only takes 5 min for me to take them off.

So are you saying that if you don't have an e brake or brakes or f'd up we can't go wheelin? Well that knocks out me, JP, and Rudy for wheelin.

CruisinTiger said:
Never said I wasn't finishing my doors. Only reason they look like they do is cause it was a last minute safety thing for tellico. If I had made it to tellico I'd a probably taped them up more so that if you decided to climb over the door Marshall you wouldn't of cut your nuts off. Just not a priority at the moment..got bigger fish to fry rather than my doors. Heck it only takes 5 min for me to take them off.

So are you saying that if you don't have an e brake or brakes or f'd up we can't go wheelin? Well that knocks out me, JP, and Rudy for wheelin.

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck......you missed the point! You can go I'm just
telling you it ain't safe.....ROFLMAO.....you Dudes will assume ANY RISK
anyway, any time. :)

As a note in this vein, that is why Gundy stayed in camp the
last Tellico trip. No e-brake. It ain't safe and I wouldn't want to
put others at risk. My call totally, however. I brought chocks but
that ain't "up to snuff" for Tellico. HP? That is another story.

Common sense goes a long way.

CruisinTiger said:

MMMM Testy are we today. Sorry about the rag. I forgot about the guy who made the comments about your brakes this morning. All in all I want the safety thing to me more like having more contact info incase something happens. Having a good first aid kit. Making sure we winch properly. Heck I'm no poster boy for safety. I drove my 40 to ME missing a motor mount. ANd Tellico with a broken shackle. If I would have inspected better I wouldn't have had those issues or have someone point them out and say hey you had better fix that crap or your going to be screwed or possible have a bad day. I think knowing deficienties in vehicles before we tackle a trail is a good idea. That way we can plan so that our vehicles are not death traps or bring harm to others.

I don't know if you guys have figured it out yet but I love fixing stuff and it doesn't even have to be mine. I'll drop plans over the weekend just to help someone out. I'll get up early in the morning to help someone out. I give my crap away to help you make yours better. Thats just me. I like helping a fellow cruiserhead out and don't expect anything in return. Except my cordless dremel. :flipoff2: Use me to your best ability. I'm hear for you to learn and to improve your cruiser and your knowledge so you can in turn help someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom