Welcome New Members (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Greatings All,

I've been reading threads for a year or two but never thought to make a post. Back home (Augusta GA) most everybody with a Cruiser knew each other already. My introduction to the club came when BlueHawk drove by (a week ago) while I was tinkering. Yes I am new to town, My wife and I were moving into our house when the World went into lockdown. I'm looking forward to a meet & great once the end of days has run its course

Safe travels, Kabooyaya

Welcome Shawn. It's always good talking with you. Hopefully we'll have a meeting in May.

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself and say hey. I've read the forums a lot but just now started a account. I have a 1987 FJ60 that I bought as my first truck and I've slowly tried to make it better. So far I've put a OME 2.5 lift, tires, front bumper and a few other little things. Currently I am in the process of rebuilding the transfer case after the idler shaft came out while driving home from work. I plan on having the 60 back up and running real soon.

Thanks,
Cody

No we are an anemic group. Tell you what I am off papermill Northshore let’s plan a get together have a few beers and these others may show up I know a few drinking holes

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself and say hey. I've read the forums a lot but just now started a account. I have a 1987 FJ60 that I bought as my first truck and I've slowly tried to make it better. So far I've put a OME 2.5 lift, tires, front bumper and a few other little things. Currently I am in the process of rebuilding the transfer case after the idler shaft came out while driving home from work. I plan on having the 60 back up and running real soon.

Thanks,
Cody
Welcome Cody, good luck with transfer case rebuild. Shout if you need any help, some of us love working on cruisers of all kinds.

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to adjust the parking brake star wheel. I need a working emergency brake and can hear a pop when engaging the lever (and brake won’t hold on a hill).

Hate to take it to a shop for something that seems like it should be simple, but any recommendations here locally for LC-knowledgeable shops that won’t rip you off?

Alternatively I have some Yee Haw Dunkel and IPA I will gladly share if one of you random strangers wants to educate a rookie :)

Good news is I was able to loosen, after 2 days of PB Blaster, my front sway bar links and should be able to replace those on my own at some point...

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to adjust the parking brake star wheel. I need a working emergency brake and can hear a pop when engaging the lever (and brake won’t hold on a hill).

Hate to take it to a shop for something that seems like it should be simple, but any recommendations here locally for LC-knowledgeable shops that won’t rip you off?

Alternatively I have some Yee Haw Dunkel and IPA I will gladly share if one of you random strangers wants to educate a rookie :)

Good news is I was able to loosen, after 2 days of PB Blaster, my front sway bar links and should be able to replace those on my own at some point...

I found a thread under the 100 section “park brake adjustment” that showed few pages out of FSM. I have never worked on a 100, but always fun to learn!
Hope that thread helps, if not give a shot through PM.

Nik

I found a thread under the 100 section “park brake adjustment” that showed few pages out of FSM. I have never worked on a 100, but always fun to learn!
Hope that thread helps, if not give a shot through PM.

Nik
Yea, got the wheel off, got the hub rotated to where the hole is supposed to be at 6 o'clock, but for the life of me couldn't get it to tighten up. Not sure if the shoes need to be replaced or if I'm just doing it wrong. Might take it to a shop just to make sure it gets done right.

Hello-
I drive a 2001 100 series I bought when it was one year old. About a year ago it was retired as a daily driver and promoted to a trail rig. I'm looking for some partners to wheel with and grab a cold drink after a day on the trail.

Mark

Hello-
I drive a 2001 100 series I bought when it was one year old. About a year ago it was retired as a daily driver and promoted to a trail rig. I'm looking for some partners to wheel with and grab a cold drink after a day on the trail.

Mark
Hey Mark, whereabouts are ya? I’m in west Knoxville.

Welcome Mark! Several of us will be up at Windrock at the tail end of the month for GSMTR, pretty much Wednesday thru Sunday. Give a shout if you want to meet up one of the days to wheel.

Nik

Welcome Mark! Several of us will be up at Windrock at the tail end of the month for GSMTR, pretty much Wednesday thru Sunday. Give a shout if you want to meet up one of the days to wheel.

Nik
Thanks Nik!
I wanted to go to GSMTR but I'm out of town that week until Friday. I would love to catch up with you guys Saturday morning but wasn't sure how that would be perceived without being a paid attendee.

Also, I'm typically free on Wednesday afternoons as well as Thursdays and Fridays if anyone shares that schedule.

Mark

Hi all! Brand new in Knoxville TN. Just purchased a pre loved 100 series land cruiser from @CatskillsRunner @Onur . Currently is a big dog mobile but would be for future road tripping out west! Very excited to be in the community and learn.
Welcome! I am still fixing things on mine before I'll be comfortable getting crazy offroad, but definitely something for the future. Congrats on the new purchase.

Hi all! Brand new in Knoxville TN. Just purchased a pre loved 100 series land cruiser from @CatskillsRunner @Onur . Currently is a big dog mobile but would be for future road tripping out west! Very excited to be in the community and learn.

Welcome!

Well that provenance right there makes you mostly family!

Hello fellas,
Happy Friday! I joined the TLCA and using the drop-down, selected Appalachia. I'm currently on active duty serving out the rest of my career in Hawaii. I will be retiring in 2022 but settling in NE TN, near Johnson City. I look forward to being a part of the community and wheeling out east. I've never really spent much time there but I remember it being beautiful. We have a small farm that we are looking to expand only slightly to about 24 acres and just live life. I have a 94, 80 series that is new to me as of January 2021. I had it transported sight unseen from Winnemucca NV. It's in decent shape inside but the exterior is in dire need of a repaint. It's the best color 6M1:flipoff2:...look forward to meeting some of you someday and wheeling in places I've never experienced.

With the intro out of the way, how do I become a member?

Hello fellas,
Happy Friday! I joined the TLCA and using the drop-down, selected Appalachia. I'm currently on active duty serving out the rest of my career in Hawaii. I will be retiring in 2022 but settling in NE TN, near Johnson City. I look forward to being a part of the community and wheeling out east. I've never really spent much time there but I remember it being beautiful. We have a small farm that we are looking to expand only slightly to about 24 acres and just live life. I have a 94, 80 series that is new to me as of January 2021. I had it transported sight unseen from Winnemucca NV. It's in decent shape inside but the exterior is in dire need of a repaint. It's the best color 6M1:flipoff2:...look forward to meeting some of you someday and wheeling in places I've never experienced.

With the intro out of the way, how do I become a member?
Welcome brother - I dont know much about this IH8Mud forum stuff, but I loved your message and wish you all the best in your final months of active duty!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom