Welcome New Members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welcome brother - I dont know much about this IH8Mud forum stuff, but I loved your message and wish you all the best in your final months of active duty!!
Thank you! This next year is going to fly by!

Hey, everyone. Definitely new to the forum thing so bear with me, and spelling isn't my strong suit but I am a killer at math and physics. I am currently working on a 94 Land Crusier (80 series) for a complete overhaul. So I thought I was going to just rebuild the old 1FZ-FE, add a supercharger, rebuild the trans, and just get everything back in good working order. Turns out parts are not easy to come by anymore and some snags I have run into doing some research. So I joined here to learn some things and hopefully teach some things in the process. I have a lot of mechanical experience, and design/fabrication experience but i don't know everything and will never claim to. Hopefully with some help here I can get this build going.

Hey, everyone. Definitely new to the forum thing so bear with me, and spelling isn't my strong suit but I am a killer at math and physics. I am currently working on a 94 Land Crusier (80 series) for a complete overhaul. So I thought I was going to just rebuild the old 1FZ-FE, add a supercharger, rebuild the trans, and just get everything back in good working order. Turns out parts are not easy to come by anymore and some snags I have run into doing some research. So I joined here to learn some things and hopefully teach some things in the process. I have a lot of mechanical experience, and design/fabrication experience but i don't know everything and will never claim to. Hopefully with some help here I can get this build going.
Hey brother, welcome, I assume you’re looking for 80 Series Tech forum?
If so, find the forum button or use the drop downs and follow the path to 80 Series Tech as that will be the place to find the subject matter experts. Here is the link: 80-Series Tech - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/80-series-tech.9/

If not, and you were in fact looking for the Appalachia Cruisers forum, then you’ve found it.

Greetings! I just moved to TN (Crossville) from the great west desert in October and love every moment here. Along with this move i left my Jeeps behind and have got the Land Cruiser bug. Currently I have at 1976 FJ40 that is a work in progress and just got a pretty stock 1997 Series 80 that i am building an overlanded. This forum has been a life saver and i hope to get together with some other rigs and do some trail runs soon.

20210419_172057.jpg

20210504_170250.jpg
20210511_144711.jpg

Greetings! I just moved to TN (Crossville) from the great west desert in October and love every moment here. Along with this move i left my Jeeps behind and have got the Land Cruiser bug. Currently I have at 1976 FJ40 that is a work in progress and just got a pretty stock 1997 Series 80 that i am building an overlanded. This forum has been a life saver and i hope to get together with some other rigs and do some trail runs soon.

View attachment 2684149
View attachment 2684150View attachment 2684152
Welcome!

I'd love to get out with you. Give me a shout sometime.

View attachment 2684149
View attachment 2684150View attachment 2684152
Welcome to the area! Looks like a great collection of cruisers already. A few us in Knoxville live to wrench and wheel and hope to meet you. You have Golden Mountain Off-road park near you (about 45min or so) and in a few weeks GSMTR about 50min the other way. Maybe you can make it up for a meet and greet.

Nik

Welcome to the area! Looks like a great collection of cruisers already. A few us in Knoxville live to wrench and wheel and hope to meet you. You have Golden Mountain Off-road park near you (about 45min or so) and in a few weeks GSMTR about 50min the other way. Maybe you can make it up for a meet and greet.

Nik
Thanks! I have two more weeks of work to do getting the guest room ready at the house for some guests then i can start on the Series 80. I think i have most of the parts already for the lift and this weekend i will start to spray down all the bolts with WD40 so they come off easy. I went with the OME lift with the J springs, new front track bar. weld on bracket for the rear track bar bracket, extended brake lines, Caster correction brackets, (I'm not going to use the bushings) and way bar drop brackets front and rear. i will either buy or make some bump stop extensions.
I am on the fence about adding some front spacers, i know i will get some stinkbug when unloaded but i hate the nose up look, (anytime) so will take stinkbug over squatted, even if its just a bit.

I've been baselining as time allowed too, the fluids where pretty easy, i did both the idler pullies as they are easy and cheep (and both were shot). The belts are only a couple of years old. next are the heater and radiator hoses as i don't know their age, and a rad flush, then I'll flush the power steering as i think it has been filled with power steering fluid not ATF. The it will be the diffs. I think the rear locker is engaging but the light still flashes on the dash. I can here the motor spin but will mess with that after the lift when i have a bit more clearance.

my plan is to get the lift on and do some wheeling and work out wat i need to do dial in, I'll post here and hit you guy up with some DMs on places and see if anyone can take me around, much appreciate the offer.

I have a build tread going here, if anyone has any advice i'd love to hear it.
Build Thread

Thanks!
Dave

Hi guys, I'm moving from Phoenix AZ to Loudon TN at the end of July. Been quite active on Mud and pretty active in my local Copperstate Cruisers Group over the past 10 years and looking forward to getting to know a new group after we land and get settled. This looks like the right one but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :) I have a Black 97 LX450 that I'm currently grinding a leaky Icon Stage 1 shock off of and will be refitting my RTT in preparation for the road trip next month. I have some family out there but not in the 4x4 world. Hopefully looking to change that soon. :D I haven't officially hated Mud yet but I fear I may soon. Mainly its been hating sharp granite and hard pack, dust up every crevice and rock dings on the wheels. Assuming I'm in the right place, I'll be posting up soon.

Hey Team! Great finding this place and I'm still learning my way around mud. I was referred to ih8mud from expedition portal where I've been a long time lurker (isn't that always the case?). I recently purchased a 2001 Land Cruiser and I'll be seeking out a lot of advice on here. I love the nostalgia of expedition travel and am much more aligned with the travel to experience culture than the crawling over rocks piece. I know nothing about cars but am trying to learn. Studied biology, own a marketing company, have been a climbing and backpacking guide for Outward Bound. Primary goals are to keep my wife comfortable on the way to the river and while I'm fly fishing. Haul some goldendoodles around. Camp and explore. Currently just baselining the rig and getting some minor rust taken care of. If I can sort out the reliability it's more than enough seeing as I've been using a RAV4 to pull fallen trees off the road at Tellico when they block my route to fish. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I apologize in advance for my questions - I promise to try the search feature first.

Hi guys, I'm moving from Phoenix AZ to Loudon TN at the end of July. Been quite active on Mud and pretty active in my local Copperstate Cruisers Group over the past 10 years and looking forward to getting to know a new group after we land and get settled. This looks like the right one but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. :) I have a Black 97 LX450 that I'm currently grinding a leaky Icon Stage 1 shock off of and will be refitting my RTT in preparation for the road trip next month. I have some family out there but not in the 4x4 world. Hopefully looking to change that soon. :D I haven't officially hated Mud yet but I fear I may soon. Mainly its been hating sharp granite and hard pack, dust up every crevice and rock dings on the wheels. Assuming I'm in the right place, I'll be posting up soon.
Thats great, you'll only be a shade over an hour from me. It took me 36 hours non stop to drive out from Vegas back in October, its very different here and I love every day! Looking forward to getting to meet you in person some time.

Last edited:
Hey Team! Great finding this place and I'm still learning my way around mud. I was referred to ih8mud from expedition portal where I've been a long time lurker (isn't that always the case?). I recently purchased a 2001 Land Cruiser and I'll be seeking out a lot of advice on here. I love the nostalgia of expedition travel and am much more aligned with the travel to experience culture than the crawling over rocks piece. I know nothing about cars but am trying to learn. Studied biology, own a marketing company, have been a climbing and backpacking guide for Outward Bound. Primary goals are to keep my wife comfortable on the way to the river and while I'm fly fishing. Haul some goldendoodles around. Camp and explore. Currently just baselining the rig and getting some minor rust taken care of. If I can sort out the reliability it's more than enough seeing as I've been using a RAV4 to pull fallen trees off the road at Tellico when they block my route to fish. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I apologize in advance for my questions - I promise to try the search feature first.
Welcome. i spent 15 years in jeeps rock crawling and driving all over the deserts of the west so it was both Geography and a change to Toyota that was all new to me in the last 6 months. like you the forums have been fantastic for info and even if i do ask people can just point me to the correct thread. What land cruiser do you have and where in TN are you located?
Dave

Last edited:
Welcome. i spend 15 years in jeeps rock crawling and driving all over the deserts of the west so it was both Geography and a change to Toyota that was all new to me in the last 6 months. like you the forums have been fantastic for info and even if i do ask people can just point me to the correct thread. What land cruiser do you have and where in TN are you located?
Dave
It’s a 2001100 series I bought off a guy in Asheville last week. New leather seats in the front. Leaking CV though he had just had it put on the day before so new axle at least. Needs a knock sensor. But other than that pretty good to go. I’m in Cleveland but work in Reliance.

Hello all...I'm currently retiring from the Army out of NC and will be moving to the tri-city area soon. After a lot of looking, the family has decided that we'll be calling Greeneville home. We spent the 4th of July weekend up there and ended up putting in an offer on a house, so it looks like we're committed! We don't expect to close until at least mid-August, but have to leave our current house in a couple weeks. The plan is to load up the truck and hit the road just exploring and camping for about a month.

I got bitten by the LC bug about 18 months or so ago and found the ONSC crowd. Unfortunately quarantine hit right after I attended my first meet-up and I wasn't able to be as active as I wanted. We were able to make it out to Fall Crawl last year and the Carolina Relic Run a few weeks ago and had a great time at both events. I'm looking forward to getting settled in a "forever" area and hopefully meeting some of you in the surrounding area.

Hello all...I'm currently retiring from the Army out of NC and will be moving to the tri-city area soon. After a lot of looking, the family has decided that we'll be calling Greeneville home. We spent the 4th of July weekend up there and ended up putting in an offer on a house, so it looks like we're committed! We don't expect to close until at least mid-August, but have to leave our current house in a couple weeks. The plan is to load up the truck and hit the road just exploring and camping for about a month.

I got bitten by the LC bug about 18 months or so ago and found the ONSC crowd. Unfortunately quarantine hit right after I attended my first meet-up and I wasn't able to be as active as I wanted. We were able to make it out to Fall Crawl last year and the Carolina Relic Run a few weeks ago and had a great time at both events. I'm looking forward to getting settled in a "forever" area and hopefully meeting some of you in the surrounding area.

Welcome guys..We have a meeting usually the first Tuesday of every month. We normally meet up and eat at Sweet P's downtown around 6pm. A lot of the guys have a lot of stuff going on with travel ball, cheerleading, baseball, etc. Looks like the next meeting will be Aug 3rd. The club page hasn't been very active lately. If you want my number, send me a DM and I'll contact you the weekend prior to the meeting. I'm busy with work most of the time and in the process of building a 40 series right now and its in the Hard Core section "Project Lockjaw". It is also on the club page but not updated on here very often.

Welcome guys..We have a meeting usually the first Tuesday of every month. We normally meet up and eat at Sweet P's downtown around 6pm. A lot of the guys have a lot of stuff going on with travel ball, cheerleading, baseball, etc. Looks like the next meeting will be Aug 3rd. The club page hasn't been very active lately. If you want my number, send me a DM and I'll contact you the weekend prior to the meeting. I'm busy with work most of the time and in the process of building a 40 series right now and its in the Hard Core section "Project Lockjaw". It is also on the club page but not updated on here very often.
Sounds good. I'll try and make it down on Aug the 3rd and will shoot you a PM with my contact info. Thanks, Dave
'

We’re taking about a month to just travel and see whatever we want to see. Looks like we won’t be back in the area until about Labor Day. Whenever the next meet is after that, I’ll be there.

I assume Sweet P’s is in Knoxville?

Hey guys I am new to this site, but I already love it. Tons of useful stuff in here, I got a 01 Land Cruiser with about 270k miles on it. About to get some tires and shocks for it too. Nice to meet yall and im around if people need help whenever.

Hey guys I am new to this site, but I already love it. Tons of useful stuff in here, I got a 01 Land Cruiser with about 270k miles on it. About to get some tires and shocks for it too. Nice to meet yall and im around if people need help whenever.
ping Bluehawk, there is a meet at the start of next month in Knox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom