Welcome New Members (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys!
I'm totally new to this website and to cars in general. I'm 18 and in school at the University of Tennessee and I own a 80s series Toyota Landcruiser. It used to be my grandmother's so I'm in the process of making it what I want to be. I've just recently added on an ARB bumper and roof rack with a new light bar and set of rims. It's a slow process of making it what I want to be, due to lack of a job and a resulting lack in money since I am a full time student.

I don't know much about cars and I've only gone off roading a couple of times but I'm super interested in everything that has to do with Land Cruisers so here I am! If you see the red-headed girl driving around Knoxville in a red cruiser, that's me!

Welcome Emily!! You must have a cool grandmother. :)

That is awesome. I think your rig is the one @bluehawk posted a picture of a couple weeks ago. Look forward to seeing some pics of the rig. These guys in K-town are a good bunch. They meet pretty regularly so check that thread out and try and catch them.

They are also planning a trip to Golden Mtn in Sparta in a few weeks if your interested in that.

Emily, glad you finally found your way onto the club site. Hope you didn't mind my posting picture after the day I met you. Come out to the club meeting tomorrow night at Sweet Peas

Finally found me a 100' couple of months ago. Always loved these vehicles and I'm proud to own one. Would love to join the Club. Just pulled running boards off, replaced rear spoiler recently. Love this site and I've been wheeling w Rance since b4 we could (legally) drive

Hi guys!
I'm totally new to this website and to cars in general. I'm 18 and in school at the University of Tennessee and I own a 80s series Toyota Landcruiser. It used to be my grandmother's so I'm in the process of making it what I want to be. I've just recently added on an ARB bumper and roof rack with a new light bar and set of rims. It's a slow process of making it what I want to be, due to lack of a job and a resulting lack in money since I am a full time student.

I don't know much about cars and I've only gone off roading a couple of times but I'm super interested in everything that has to do with Land Cruisers so here I am! If you see the red-headed girl driving around Knoxville in a red cruiser, that's me!
I spotted your 80 on Instagram...........very nice and welcome!

Hello folks! I purchased my first FJ80 (1991) a couple months ago and I'm new to off-roading in general, but I wanted to introduce myself. We moved to Maryville 6 months ago. I'm in the process of making it trail worthy. The PO did quite a bit of PM, so I get a head start on the fun stuff.

So far, I've completed the essentials:
2.5" OME lift
Slee Front Bumper
Cruisin' Off road Skid Plates
Cruisin' Off Road Sliders on order
32"x11.50" Falken AT3W all-terrains
New Exhaust from manifold back.

Next on the agenda is:
Conversion to full-float rear axle
4.88 gears
ARB rear locker (maybe front as well)
good ole' fashion tune-up and TLC

I'm looking to meet you all and hit the trails soon!

Thanks,
Tony

Welcome Tony! Post up some pictures of that 80 for us. The group will be attending the Harpers Cars and Coffee at the end of April and our meetings are the first Tuesday of every month at Sweet Peas BBQ Downtown Dive.

Newbie here in Knoxville just picked up a 1996 one owner land cruiser with 61k on the clock loaded locked all original garage queen. love this thing. looking forward to meeting up with you guys and gals. First Tuesday will be there.

Brad

Welcome to the club Brad. Hope to meet you and see your 61k cruiser one of these days (currently working on Vancouver Island, BC so wont be at a few meetings in the near future...). Several of our club members have 80s so they are a great resource for any direction you want to take your truck. Keep in mind GSMTR 2018 is around the corner as well...another great resource for all things land cruisers.

Enjoy your 80!

Nik

Welcome to the club Brad. Hope to meet you and see your 61k cruiser one of these days (currently working on Vancouver Island, BC so wont be at a few meetings in the near future...). Several of our club members have 80s so they are a great resource for any direction you want to take your truck. Keep in mind GSMTR 2018 is around the corner as well...another great resource for all things land cruisers.

Enjoy your 80!

Nik
Thank you I am

Hey guys, new to the area just moved to Chattanooga about 2 months ago, Even newer addition, picked up a GX470 this past weekend, 1 owner spent its life until now in ATLANTA came with a "book" of service records, real garage queen , my first "cruiser" )

Posted on here a few years ago, unfortunately had to get rid of the FJ but recently (about a year ago) have found my way back and purchased another. Just looking to see if there is any activity on here still and possible trail rides, going alone isn't as much fun but it's better than nothing. I try to get out every weekend, have made it to Haley Road, Horse Creek and windrock trail 22... horse creek the most fun so far but looking to get into some tougher trails and honestly fear going alone. I'm mostly active on IG (@_elevisions) as forums have become a place I've learned to hate, this one is so much different from the blue guys tho so I've stuck around behind the scenes and learned alot over the past 4 years. Anyway, this is my 2013 FJ Cruiser and I'm the happiest I've been in years. Looking forward to club meetings and trail rides if those are still a thing, if not I'll just keep ghosting and see you all at atr19

20180923_184610.jpg

IMG_20180924_075523_909.jpg

IMG_20180926_094950_459.jpg

20180923_183704.jpg

Welcome! This place is kind of quiet these days, but still lots of Cruiser folks around...

Posted on here a few years ago, unfortunately had to get rid of the FJ but recently (about a year ago) have found my way back and purchased another. Just looking to see if there is any activity on here still and possible trail rides, going alone isn't as much fun but it's better than nothing. I try to get out every weekend, have made it to Haley Road, Horse Creek and windrock trail 22... horse creek the most fun so far but looking to get into some tougher trails and honestly fear going alone. I'm mostly active on IG (@_elevisions) as forums have become a place I've learned to hate, this one is so much different from the blue guys tho so I've stuck around behind the scenes and learned alot over the past 4 years. Anyway, this is my 2013 FJ Cruiser and I'm the happiest I've been in years. Looking forward to club meetings and trail rides if those are still a thing, if not I'll just keep ghosting and see you all at atr19

View attachment 1800121

View attachment 1800122

View attachment 1800123

View attachment 1800124

Nice FJ Cruiser man! Welcome, and hope you can connect in, the Knoxville guys are a cool bunch!

Hi All,

I learned to drive on a FZJ80 and have been wanting one for a while (hence FJW8ing). I finally picked one up a few weeks ago in Nashville. It made it home OK, but needs a fair amount of work. 235K miles, unlocked, brown cloth interior. Nicknamed her Goldilocks.

Work so far:
Power steering pump and hoses (gear is clicking though so I must have knackered it).
Alternator: dissembled, cleaned, new brushes
Cleaned out cowl, blower, and a/c condenser.

Parts ordered:
Radiator
Oil pump seal
front main seal
front knuckle rebuild

Suspension and tires are both shot, and kind of scary, so planned after baseline and the new year:
OME 2.5 lift, medium duty springs, should I do heavy if sliders and bumpers in the next year or two?
Thinking 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains, should I go bigger on tires?

I am looking forward to exploring some easy trails, but will be awhile before the rig is reliable enough.

Does the club still have meetings? It would be great to meet some fellow Toyota people!

goldilocks.jpg

Hi All,

I learned to drive on a FZJ80 and have been wanting one for a while (hence FJW8ing). I finally picked one up a few weeks ago in Nashville. It made it home OK, but needs a fair amount of work. 235K miles, unlocked, brown cloth interior. Nicknamed her Goldilocks.

Work so far:
Power steering pump and hoses (gear is clicking though so I must have knackered it).
Alternator: dissembled, cleaned, new brushes
Cleaned out cowl, blower, and a/c condenser.

Parts ordered:
Radiator
Oil pump seal
front main seal
front knuckle rebuild

Suspension and tires are both shot, and kind of scary, so planned after baseline and the new year:
OME 2.5 lift, medium duty springs, should I do heavy if sliders and bumpers in the next year or two?
Thinking 285/75/16 BFG Mud Terrains, should I go bigger on tires?

I am looking forward to exploring some easy trails, but will be awhile before the rig is reliable enough.

Does the club still have meetings? It would be great to meet some fellow Toyota people!

View attachment 1818656
Congrats on the purchase brother, everyone loves a good 80. From my experience if your even questioning bigger tires, go up atleast a size bc they always look smaller after you've had them for a couple months and the price difference is negligible now rather than being unhappy and having to purchase again later. Good luck

Replaced my single owner 1995 4x4 5 speed 4runner in EXCELLENT condition (she was a beautiful thing, jsut didnt pull the way I wanted her to) with an FZJ80 a couple weeks ago, apparently I found the one FZJ80 with factory lockers that isnt over $10K. :meh:
anyway, its red with a TJM bumper and wild country mud tires on stock suspetion. (I hate the tires) if you see me around town (knoxville) wave. I dont see to many 80s series around.
I dont post much, just lurk in the shadows and on the search function a bit.

I'm looking forward to the meetups and trail rides.

cruiser large.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom