Wee bit o' lamb... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
20140713_195744.jpg
o yea!

oooh yea!

and spuds in EVOO oregano lemon garlic basting and lam' drippings.... mmm mmm.....

Nice looking lamb e9999!

americans have discovered lamb...and chicken wings...and flank steak...and...all the other cuts that used to be almost free.

Even though a nice looking flap steak was, per pound, what I typically pay for new york's...:crybaby:...I succumbed to the moment standing at the butcher counter yesterday. Of course I regretted that decision, last night, at eat'n time. I don't get it...why has skirt, flank, flap, anything lamb, now more expensive than the best cuts o'beef?

actually, it was surprisingly inexpensive.
Yea Costco!

saw them at Costco tonight. IIRC, it was $3.99/lb - boneless! (I better check again, that seems impossible for how good that stuff is. Then again it's Costco...)

I've suggested before to my wife that on Thanksgiving we could make leg o' lamb instead of turkey. She was not thrilled... Sheesh... What's with girls and lamb...? Is it cuz of Bo Peep or Mary or what? I've got a daughter that refuses to touch the stuff (if I tell her what it is... :) )

What's with girls and lamb...? Is it cuz of Bo Peep or Mary or what? I've got a daughter that refuses to touch the stuff (if I tell her what it is... :) )
I once did red wine/rosemary braised lamb shanks for the family (15 people) and deboned the meat before serving and saucing. It was a resounding success. Many of them told me it was the best beef they've ever had. Only would have had to serve 8 or so if I had announced it as lamb in advance.

I would have chosen another dish if their objections were morality-based, but "Lamb? Eww.", don't count.

When I lived in Texas in the late eighties lamb (imported from New Zealand) was seen as pet food and dirt cheap, so we lived on lamb in all its wonderful variations. Now in Oz, and that greatest of delicacies, ox tail, is literally sold in the pet food section. Cooked long and slow with red wine, garlic, bay leaves and a chilli or two - man oh man! Heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom