Weber carbs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a weber carb (l6) and when I go up hills my cruiser if fine if I give it gas but if I need to stop and let off the gas to apply the brake it will fade off till it dies. Is this unavoidable or is it my carb is tweaked? What is the general outlook one these carbs for off roading?

it seems to be that these carbs have a hard time on inclines.
my friend runs one, but he hasn't noticed any problems really.
i guess basically i have no idea what i'm talking about :)

i think the aisin is regarded as the best carb when running right for a landcruiser. weber is next in line, supposed to be good on hills, I havent had any issues with it. sounds like your idle might be set too low? dunno
if its an old weber it might be needing rebuilt

float level, restriction in fuel line, fuel pump, rich/lean mixture fact that it is a Webber. Fuel pressure regulator (may have too much fuel)

where is the idle mix set screw on the weber carb. My carb is running rich and makes my plugs black. How long does it take to adjust?

36mm has just one on the DS down low above the PCV inlet, 38mm has one on each side same basic location.

I was thinking about switching the stock f carb on my 2f I saw an adapter with a holley 500 on it for the f or 2f

would that be worth getting or is the holley junk compared to the stock aisin units?? the things I would like about it is I could have a nice dish type aircleaner assy and a rebuilt holley is probably easyer to get a hold of??

I rarely hear anything about any aftermarket or chevy carb on a F/2F that is any better than an AISAIN. IMHO nothing beats an AISAIN for a F/2F cept maybe TBI.
EDIT: Is it ok now David? ;) :D

Lots to be said about the Holley. Most bad. I love them but I would never suggest you put one on in place of a ASAIN. You will get more power, better MPG and smoother running out of the holley. it will kick your ass off road until you mess with it for a LONG time. Expensive, you are looking at $400ish before all is said and done. There is a reason why everyone uses them. Very strong, reliable, easy to get parts easy to fix etc... Cool thing about an ASAIN is that it fits your truck and is designed to work with your motor. For the money involved I would get your carb rebuilt or buy new. Contact Jim C. According to him the best possible carb set up is a 76 adapted to be a NON USA. If you are building a performance F series motor then a Holley is a perfect way to go but go into it with your eyes open. Be ready to be flamed with all your questions. Many cruser owners have had them and were not able to get them to run correctly so they assume they are junk.

The Holley is one finicky mutha and I don't care what you do to it if you shake it hard it will flounder. Period. But, Holley kicks butt on the street or strip if you know how to tune it.
Use the aisin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom