Weak battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i was washing the 80 today and went to start it up after sitting for about 20 minutes and my batttery was very weak, almost didnt start at all. Just yesterday i wired up my CB...just curious, How do most of you guys have them wired up? i just ran my ground then took the small fused wire straight to the battery. Shouldnt the power switch on the CB itself keep it from hurting the battery?

I also have a 200W amp wired to it as well but that has a remote turnon wire so i dont see why it could drain the battery.

Also for what its worth i am running a very small durelast battery.....i guess its very possible that its just to small for the addition of these two items, plus i think its pretty old.

Brandon

Last edited:
Yes the switch on the CB should turn it off and it would consume no power, same with the remote wire for the amp,

sounds like you battery may be the culprit but first check the voltage at the battery with the engine running to make sure the alternator is charging. Should be above 14 v (you may have to raise the RPM of the engine some to get 14v).

If that checks out good, check that your battery connections are tight and corrosion free, you could also have a parasitic load somewhere but considering the battery is undersized and old it is the most likely.

I would not go into next winter with an old undersized battery anyway.

Raven.

The weakness was kind of random and i just started it a few times and it seemed fine. The positive terminal was pretty corrosive and covered with crap. i got some baking soda and water and cleaned it off. i'm gonna see how that works and hope it was just the problem. I will check the voltage as well...

Thanks.
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom