Water pooling in windshield gasket corner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all. I’ve been searching and searching through the forums and have tried several fixes for this with no success. I have water pooling and then dripping out of the driver side corner of my windshield gasket. I have resealed the windshield, cleaned the sunroof gasket, cleared the drainage tubes, and even took it to a dealership to try to get it diagnosed. Dealership didn’t know what was going on. Anyone else experience this and maybe have a fix? Or even a link to a post? Really appreciate it.

Has the windshield ever been replaced? Very common for the installers to not use the correct installation procedure which leads to leaks.

IME it's rare for a dealership to do their own glass installations, need to find a good independant glass installer. I asked the local Toyota and Mercedes dealerships service depts who they used for installations. Same name came up.

The gasket is first glued to the glass, then the glass/gasket is glued to the body using a specific Adhesive-Sealant designed for that purpose.

Here's a couple of threads with the FSM (Factory Service Manual) instructions:

Has the windshield ever been replaced? Very common for the installers to not
use the correct installation procedure which leads to leaks.

The gasket is first glued to the glass, then the glass/gasket is glued to the body
using a specific Adhesive-Sealant designed for that purpose.

Here's a couple of threads with the FSM (Factory Service Manual) instructions:

I just texted the original owner and he said its the original windshield... When I got it resealed I went to Toyota and used their guy who owns an 80. The guy that did it seemed pretty knowledgeable about general 80 leaks. After my whole process it stopped some of the upper leaks on the a pillar but it still pools in from the bottom. After pouring water all over the place it seems like a sunroof thing but then again, its hard to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom