WARN VR10 Install on ARB Bull Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Question: Did you need a mounting kit of any type?

Like Panda said, with my ARB there was no kit needed, I just followed the "feet forward" installation. It was a very easy and straightforward process after I realized I didn't have to remove the control box. Hope it's hassle free for you!

Like Panda said, with my ARB there was no kit needed, I just followed the "feet forward" installation. It was a very easy and straightforward process after I realized I didn't have to remove the control box. Hope it's hassle free for you!

Thanks. Warn has an AWFUL website which tells you a mounting bracket is required. I have the same bumper so I'm grateful for the clarification..

Yep, my Wife gave me a hand and we did the install with ease. The VR10 is a darn good winch for the money.

As many of you probably know, Warn changed hands a few years ago and many of us have been wondering if the quality would suffer after a VC group bought the brand.

I hope the directions included and their website aren't any indicator....

Thanks again for this post. Based upon the info from Warn, I can see why you originally took the long route.

Do you have pics of your set up of the new ARB bumper and Warn 8274? I'm considering an 8274 but not sure about the ARB bumper.

I may go back and shim bumper out just a bit with some washers to make more room for the winch cover. Also notice how close my bumper is to the headlight washers.

DSCN0098.JPG
DSCN0107.JPG

I've got a 96 LX450 with the ARB Bull Bar and also just installed the VR10-S with no hassle. Feet forward install and pushing the winch up as far as it could go lead to a great alignment for the fairlead.

Now that I've got it on, I've turned my attention to keeping it there. There is so much space that any slightly competent thief could undo four bolts and catch the winch with a mitt on the way down. To discourage the casually tempted thief, I'm installing Tuffy bolt locks both on the top winch bolts as well as a couple of the bull bar bolts. (I learned someone had their ARB bumper stolen on my street some years ago.)

I could see someone taking off the whole bumper, but just getting the winch would be impossible on mine.

I could see someone taking off the whole bumper, but just getting the winch would be impossible on mine.

Yes, I should have paid closer attention to the forum with this being the 60 series thread. I have an 80 series and it has a ton of space. Happily, the install was just as easy.

Any issues with water/road grime entering the control pack with it installed sideways?

Any issues with water/road grime entering the control pack with it installed sideways?

No issues at all.

I purchased an El Jefe winch cover from Amazon because I was worried about grime and standing water getting it's way into the control pack. The cover fits perfectly and even after wheeling it has been perfectly clean.

Old thread, but adding my experience in case someone finds themselves in a similar situation.

In order to fit a VR10S on my 80 series with ARB bullbar, I needed the ARB spacer/control pack relocation bracket, as well as an offset fairlead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom