Warn VR EVO-10S on ARB front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000cruiser

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm really liking the price for what you get with the Warn VR EVO 10K-S. Called Warn and they said it was clockable but wasn't sure about it fitting into an 80 series ARB bumper at the foot forward position.

Anyone here have this setup? If so did you need any adapters or mounting kits to get it to mount foot forward (mounting holes looks like it'll fit)? Also did you need to relocate the control pack or did it all fit in the space foot forward?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have the VR Evo 12k mounted with 3/4" spacers. Still need to come up with a more permanent mounting solution for the control box, I haven't decided if I want to hide it under the hood yet.

Pay extra attention to which way you clock the handle, I rotated it wrong the first time around and had to redo the whole install.

20210630_200253.jpg

20210630_200305.jpg

20210630_200316.jpg

20210630_200338.jpg

Hope these photos help 👍

This gives me lots of hope thanks!
Were you able to mount it without taking the bumper off?

Well in case anyone else is wondering, the VR 10 Evo mounts perfectly foot forward (about 3/4” spacers needed like what Roket mentioned). Control box and clutch in default setting with good room and easy access to the side

I was having a good amount of work done on the 80 and decided to throw this in there with the garage. They did it in no time, without having to remove the bumper.

36658888-015C-45A8-B417-50DD0A1EEA8B.jpeg

FC835D10-594E-418A-91D1-4A2DF6B6FC94.jpeg

A7E0AFED-B153-44A6-8917-F14DEBBC9D15.jpeg

3C2A247D-371E-4BE8-BA74-5013618B24BC.jpeg

C470E9A7-4307-4169-B8E9-A3E6445EB19B.jpeg

Well in case anyone else is wondering, the VR 10 Evo mounts perfectly foot forward (about 3/4” spacers needed like what Roket mentioned). Control box and clutch in default setting with good room and easy access to the side

I was having a good amount of work done on the 80 and decided to throw this in there with the garage. They did it in no time, without having to remove the bumper.

View attachment 2745128

View attachment 2745129

View attachment 2745130

View attachment 2745131

View attachment 2745132
I was looking at the same winch and wondering the same thing. Did you have to make the spacers or did you buy them? Why do the photos of the 12k look like the winch is in a different position than your pics of the 10k? Almost like yours is mounted to the front to the bottom of the winch? That is the standard position?

I was looking at the same winch and wondering the same thing. Did you have to make the spacers or did you buy them? Why do the photos of the 12k look like the winch is in a different position than your pics of the 10k? Almost like yours is mounted to the front to the bottom of the winch? That is the standard position?
My install looks different because I clocked the free spool lever and made a bracket for the control pack.

My install looks different because I clocked the free spool lever and made a bracket for the control pack.
I am clueless on that... I didn't even know you could mount them differently. What are the pros and cons? You mentioned you didn't have to remove the ARB bumper, that would be a God send since if was a pain to get on in the first place by myself.

I bought the arb mounting kit with the spacers and bolts (3500050). I was planning on clocking the control box so it looked "normal" but it ended up fitting with the control box tucked in without being clocked and it looked great hidden- worked out for me since it saved me time of having to clock. The control box is is still easily accessible on the side to connect to.

I bought the arb mounting kit with the spacers and bolts (3500050). I was planning on clocking the control box so it looked "normal" but it ended up fitting with the control box tucked in without being clocked and it looked great hidden- worked out for me since it saved me time of having to clock. The control box is is still easily accessible on the side to connect to.
I appreciate the info. Never knew about "clocking". I am going to go the same route as you.

Clocking doesn't take long at all. Worth the effort to have the handle in a more convenient spot. I'll be using this winch on my 80 series ARB bumper as well.
Just ordered mine. Hope it is as easy as you say! Damn, am I the only one that realizes what a money pit these 80's are? I gotta stop keeping an excel file of my purchases, the total is not what the truck is worth!

I had already made the decision to run a Warn Evo 10S when I came across this thread so I figured I'd share what I did to make this work. I installed my bumper and winch this morning. I also ordered the ARB winch spacer kit #3500050 which comes with some bolts, 4 spacers and a control unit bracket.

I couldn't see how you could mount the winch without a bit more spacing than the two per side. @2000cruiser was able to looks like, but there must be some variance in bull bars, mine was making contact with the bar. So i got some 1/4" steel and made two more spacers.
IMG_1540 3.jpg

The bracket that comes in the kit is bent at an angle. I threw it in the vise and straightened it out.

IMG_1539 3.jpg

The control box on the EVO 10s does not match up to the mounting holes in the bracket, so I drilled another hole.

IMG_1538 3.jpg

With the three spacers it mounted up nicely. Before mounting I clocked the winch to position the handle where it would be easy to access. As with every winch I have mounted, none of the bolts with the winch or in the winch mount kit were the right size. Either too short, or too long. So i had to go find some bolts the right size.

IMG_1542 3.jpg

I bought three 29" replacement cables. Those that come with the winch weren't long enough to reach once I clocked the winch and moved the control box to the bracket.
IMG_1543 3.jpg

Last edited:
The control box bracket has holes spaced perfectly for the two center holes at the top of the winch mount plate on the bumper as you can see in this pic. In my search for bolts, I messed up and got the wrong size for the lower bolts. Had to use some I had on hand with extra washers for spacers. Will be replacing them later to match those above.

IMG_1544 3.jpg

Top View. Turned out great. Easy to access the control box and clutch.

IMG_1546 3.jpg

ARB Solis lights fit too if anyone in wondering. Just required 1/4" spacer between the light and the bracket on the bumper. The shape of the rear housing on the light curves just right to miss the bar above.

IMG_1550 3.jpg

The control box bracket has holes spaced perfectly for the two center holes at the top of the winch mount plate on the bumper as you can see in this pic. In my search for bolts, I messed up and got the wrong size for the lower bolts. Had to use some I had on hand with extra washers for spacers. Will be replacing them later to match those above.

View attachment 2944339

Top View. Turned out great. Easy to access the control box and clutch.

View attachment 2944346

ARB Solis lights fit too if anyone in wondering. Just required 1/4" spacer between the light and the bracket on the bumper. The shape of the rear housing on the light curves just right to miss the bar above.

View attachment 2944347
After installing my WARN VR EVO 10-S with the spacers I noticed I can get a piece of paper between the winch body and the inside of the bumper on one side only. The other side is making contact with the bumper. I guess I'm going to have to make two spacers like you did, what a pain.

I installed my EVO 10K winch in the default position and mounted it with the bumper installed. I used a piece of wood and lifted it from the bottom and set it on the wood then fought the bolts for an hour or two. Requires the 3/4" spacer plates. On the left side the housing is touching the bumper so might need to add a 1/16" plate to that side. I like how it is hidden in the default position. BTW, it doesn't come with instructions on how to clock it.

This gives me lots of hope thanks!
Were you able to mount it without taking the bumper off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom