Warn M12 replaced for ComeUp Seal 12.5 in an ARB Deluxe bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick write up about swapping winches. There's seems to be some misinformation out there that you have to pull the ARB bumper in order to remove the massive Warn M 12,000. This is not true, and it can be done by one person.

The biggest hurdle seemed to be figuring out how to remove the vertical fairlead rollers in order to access the winch bolts behind them. There are snap rings on the top and bottom of the rollers but it was next to impossible to access the top snap rings, what I found that worked was to thread some steel wire thru the tiny eyelets in the snap rings and just yank them out, the roller pin holding the vertical fairlead roller will fall out easily and it will be smooth sailing from there.

The ComeUp was a way better fit and all together I think a better engineered product. Had previously had the Warn control box remotely relocated to under the hood on the drivers side and that worked well, the ComeUp box woundnt seem to match up with any holes or mounting brackets from the Warn so I moved it to the space in Slee's dual battery mount for a compressor, clean fit.

Apologies for the formatting of the pictures, mud seems to randomly rotate them.
tempImageZV5953.png
tempImageCXj0MX.png
tempImage4ntFwt.png
tempImageuZLQET.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom