Warn 8274 rebuild tip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So while I am waiting for my 2F to come back from the machine shop I finally got around to rebuilding my Warn 8274. Had the parts for 6 months. Anyway, I watched some of the you tube videos etc...
that were a big help, however, I did one thing to rebuild the brake that, I think made it real easy so thought I would share. I took an old 2 x 4 and drilled a 7/8 hole in the center and set it on my bench. The spindle from the clutch fit right into the end and gave me a stable way to install the bearings. I put the thing together with ease the very first time with NO GREASE! Anyway, hope this helps someone out like all the other great tips I have found on MUD, so just trying to pay it forward.

Warn 8274 Rebuild (2).JPG

Warn 8274 Rebuild (4).JPG

Warn 8274 Rebuild (5).JPG

Warn 8274 Rebuild (7).JPG

It was one of those spur of the moment, how the heck and I going to hold this together etc... to get the bearings in thing. My vise was buried and not easy to get to and I was in no mood to dig for it with all the winter crap I had in my shop and I was like hey, if I did thus and so and go figure if worked out pretty well.

Well, I finally put the time in to complete my winch re-build and have a few pics to share. Thanks to all for the awesome information on this site. Hopefully it will help some other fellow wheelers.

8274 Pre re-build.jpg

8274 Rebuilt (1).JPG

8274 Rebuilt (3).JPG

Oh, One thing I forgot to mention. The D-Ring attachment points I made extend onto the vehicle frame rails with 1/4 inch plate steel and bolt directly to the frame rails with Grade #8 bolts so when I am pulling, I am pulling on the frame and not the bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom