Wanted: utility trailer, lawn tractor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to purchase my late grandfather's house and property. It's over 2 acres to care for, and I have no equipment to do the yard maintenance.
What I am looking for is the following:
Some type of utility trailer to haul dirt, landscaping supplies etc
Garden tractor. Looking for something a little more heavy duty than the typical home depot junk
I'd also be interested in a cheap work truck, and any other yard and lawn care equipment / tools.
Please let me know if anyone has anything to sell. I will invest money for good equipment, but I can't afford new stuff at the moment. Thanks gents.

Check Craigs List for trailers right now. I saw a few utility trailers on there when I was looking. I just picked up a used 6x12 for a decent price but my Father In Law happened to tip me off on that one. They go fast when they come up for sale, though. This seems to be the season to buy them.

I have been looking on CL, but thanks for the heads up. You are right, it seems like trailers and tractors go really fast on there. I missed out on a few already. Looks like a decent utility trailer with a 3K GVW will cost me close to a grand used, I thought they would be cheaper.

Dang, then I got lucky. Paid $700 for the one I found. Need to repack the wheel bearings but otherwise, it's in good shape. If I see something, I'll drop you a line.

The guy I bought this from did say he had about 14 calls and stops before we showed up. We put a deposit on it to hold it, pending checking the wheel bearings, and when we came back, he said he had a few more calls and one guy who offered him cash on the spot the next day.

Thanks for looking out for me. It is unreal how fast these things sell, it's like a race to get in contact with the seller and go check it out.

thanks for the heads up Eskimo.... I just scored a nice 5x10 for $600 off of craigslist. I think I got a heck of a deal.
Now I just need a tractor and any other lawn care goodies.

Good deal! Check the wheelbearings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom