Anybody want to hit Anthracite this Saturday 12/9? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Threads
Aaron @Pacer , Gary @shmukster and I are planning on doing some wheeling at Anthracite on Saturday. Weather looks good, low 50's!

Anyone else interested?

I'm likely in on this. The truck has been sitting dormant for far too long.

Dang. I'm out. Salt everywhere here. The snow and ice has started.
AOAA needs a storage facility.

I'm doing my best to have the 4runner out. I just found out that I have a bad rad fan. If I can fit another by Saturday I'm bringing it.

If not who got a seat?

I'm in for sure. All loaded and prepped to go. What time?

Was a good day out!
Super foggy morning, finally got some sunshine around lunch time.

Few photos here, and I'll put together an album in a little bit.

Screenshot_20231209-190111.png
PXL_20231209_140601046.jpg
PXL_20231209_142303621.jpg
PXL_20231209_170742389.jpg
PXL_20231209_183654027.jpg

Pacer's trail track overlay on the Rausch map doesn't include the red trail F*!!!! That was the first trail we nosed into on the day. Red trail yeah, still some snow on the ground and all the leave cover was soaking wet, even the rocks didn't give much traction!
All in all it was a very interesting day. Three trucks so we were able to move around at will. It was interesting for me to be back at Rausch as I had not been there since late 2022. I was leery of their pricing and the fact that no one at this year's Coal Mine event wheeled there was also a factor in my absence. But I must say I was happy that as a passenger yesterday it cost me only $60 and that included a fresh year's membership good through December 2024.
For a Saturday there weren't a lot of vehicles there. We saw a group of six jeeps, another small group of different brands, and ran into a jeep and a 4Runner on 40's a few times. The main part of Rausch was closed due to hunting season and they didn't allow us onto the open property until close to 9AM.
Did a bunch of black trails and a number of blues. Had to winch a few times and Crusha managed to get his 80 stuck hard in one section. Stuck so hard that he broke his winch rope trying to pull himself out! We had to use a high reach jack to lift one of his front wheels high enough so that Chris could pull him forward over the rock behind which he was stuck. Looks like during the stuck he may have broken either a front axle or a birf, won't know until he gets it apart.
All in all a very enjoyable day with Keystone as it sure has been awhile since the last club outing!!!!! Hope it won't be too long till we get out again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom