Wait Times for LX600 allocations (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In St. Louis and have been discussing for 2 months on LX600 availability. They had been noncommittal about timing, and even about a deposit to get one until today, when they finally told me they would take a non refundable deposit, but that now its not a matter of a couple months wait but that it might be a 2 year wait for the proper allocation! I have told them an eminent white pearl / white - peppercorn interior luxury model with AHC, so nothing crazy set up wise.

The big questions are:
Anyone else hearing wait times of this magnitude?
If not, then what timing is expected?
Are there any set ups that are going to be more common and quicker to the market?

thanks

Allocations are based on the dealer's success in moving LX models. Those who move a lot get better allocations.

If dealer says non-refundable up to 2 years deposit, sounds to me like dealer has no idea when they will get new LX;s.

I'd be looking at other dealers.

Non refundable is a no go for me. The waiting time is being elongated due to lack of parts. I have seen some say 2-3 year wait.

Most dealers are saying a fully refundable deposit is required. I would like to know how many people get sick of waiting and look at something else.

Insanity. I already have a Rivian R1S on order, and its going to take another 15 months for that one, which is why I want to buy an LX now. I'm not going to sit around and end up w two at once. So, here I sit ready to spend $100K and no one will sell me a doggone vehicle. I'd be glad to wait a bit longer and get the new Sequoia when they come out, but no doubt thats going to be even tougher to get ahold of in a timely manner.

I purchased a luxury trim, wanted a F-sport. They said f-sport could be up to 2yrs.

(Not sure if that was the salesman trying to get me to buy the luxury model or if he was telling the truth, but it was enough to spook me)

Longo Lexus..... told me they will have 4 next month.....

I believe them.... largest lexus and first lexus dealer In USA.... owned by Japanese - American - they have hookups!

i put me down fsport coming in 4 months...

Longo Lexus..... told me they will have 4 next month.....

I believe them.... largest lexus and first lexus dealer In USA.... owned by Japanese - American - they have hookups!

i put me down fsport coming in 4 months...
Longo is big but not the largest, that title belongs to Lexus of Pembrook Pines in FL year to date they've sold 1,431 followed by JM Lexus at 1,215, North Miami 1,080.
Sewell 1,021, Jim Falk 857 and Longo 850. Lexus opened in September of 1989 with 81 dealers and Longo is owned by Penske who's not Japanese American.
Now Longo Toyota is the worlds largest Toyota dealership that Penske has owned since 1985. Nobody has hookups... the bigger stores get more, plain and simple. Now your district sales manager can help if you need a certain color or option combo. I'm a sale manager at Lindsay Lexus, 32 years at the same store.
We're the 3rd largest in the North East we've received 6 LX600's since Jan with 4 on allocation. We are sitting on 53 refundable deposit and have instructed our sales staff to let buyer's know it will be 1-2 years for delivery if they give us a deposit today. I hope you receive that F-Sport in 4 months but I can only see availability into July so I'd verify that information.

That is what they told me..... every sales guys is liar anyways! sales manager title means you know how to get to work!

lucky for me the deposit is refundable!

My challenge is the LX600 is already somewhat out of date infotainment wise. I most likely not wait 2 years more. Without the V8 and tailgate and with that monsterous grill it wont be worth it.

That is what they told me..... every sales guys is liar anyways! sales manager title means you know how to get to work!

lucky for me the deposit is refundable!
Yes, I do know how to get to work ... no need to get snippy. Your statement about Longo was incorrect.

My challenge is the LX600 is already somewhat out of date infotainment wise. I most likely not wait 2 years more. Without the V8 and tailgate and with that monsterous grill it wont be worth it.
I'm kind of with you, but given the allocation my dealer has received to date and how far I am down the list it won't be until well into the next model year or two before I'll see one. I'm patient though and happy that my 2018 LC is long gone.

My challenge is the LX600 is already somewhat out of date infotainment wise. I most likely not wait 2 years more. Without the V8 and tailgate and with that monsterous grill it wont be worth
You might be surprised if you haven’t had a chance to see the new infotainment. It was designed in house. With the lack of available LX600's you might find a NX350 Premium in stock to experience the new system.
Here’s a general independent review

Last edited:
You might be surprised if you haven’t had a chance to see the new infotainment. It was designed in house. With the lack LX600 available but you might find a NX350 Premium in stock to experience to new system.
Here’s a general independent review

Yeah I was able to use it when i spent a few hours driving an LX600 earlier this year. It was basically equivalent to what my wife’s BMW had in 2020. My sense is it will look dated in 2024. But who knows, maybe they have a way of doing over the air updates for UI/look and feel.

That being said, the Lx600 felt much more current than the LX570 i bought new in 2014 or the LC i bought new in 2015. Both of those vehicle’s ICE were atleast a decade out of date, minus music over bluetooth.

Yeah I was able to use it when i spent a few hours driving an LX600 earlier this year. It was basically equivalent to what my wife’s BMW had in 2020. My sense is it will look dated in 2024. But who knows, maybe they have a way of doing over the air updates for UI/look and feel.

That being said, the Lx600 felt much more current than the LX570 i bought new in 2014 or the LC i bought new in 2015. Both of those vehicle’s ICE were atleast a decade out of date, minus music over bluetooth.
I was somewhat surprised where the LX600 ended up in terms of the interior and infotainment, but of course price is a concern and money invested in longevity by Toyota will not be noted until long down the road. The reason I sold my LC200 was I could sell for more than I paid and put that towards an LX600. The no CarPlay was a real killer as it is the feature that will keep your infotainment current 10 years from now. Otherwise your left with a dated system.

I believe when Apple and Google released their products Toyota must of thought they could out design Apple (and Google with Android Auto) and quickly figured out it was impossible.

I was somewhat surprised where the LX600 ended up in terms of the interior and infotainment, but of course price is a concern and money invested in longevity by Toyota will not be noted until long down the road. The reason I sold my LC200 was I could sell for more than I paid and put that towards an LX600. The no CarPlay was a real killer as it is the feature that will keep your infotainment current 10 years from now. Otherwise your left with a dated system.

I believe when Apple and Google released their products Toyota must of thought they could out design Apple (and Google with Android Auto) and quickly figured out it was impossible.
I don't think they thought or even tried to out designed Apple, Goggle or Android. They integrated Apple Car Play and Android Auto into models like the RX, UX, LS, ES, RC and GX during their mid cycle refresh and came to the conclusion basic integration was not good enough. So they established a new division to created the new system incorporating Apple, Goggle and Android which is very different including over air updates with the ability to evolve as technology changes. I agree that Lexus/Toyota was way behind other companies which was frustrating but didn't effect our sales. We have a local company that adds Apple Car play into older LX's, GX's and the RX

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom