Vortec Running on 2 cylinders

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 1973Guppie, Jul 18, 2003.

1. 1973Guppie

1973Guppie Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help. I have a 99 Chevy Vortec V8 out of a 99 suburban. This engine ran fine before I did all this past year's work on it. During that year I have done a SO on the vehicle, a new drivetrain, etc. but the engine has stayed in place and all wiring as well. There have been some plugs/sensors disconnected but they were all labeled and put back together correctly. I did have the computer reprogrammed by BTB about a year ago. I tried to start it up after it has been sitting for about a year and it will only run on 2 cylinders. Thinking it may be the exhaust O2 sensors but we plugged those in and no luck. From the feel of the exhaust header ports it is running on only cylinder #1 and 3. The only thing I can think of is that the fuel injectors got gummed up after it was sitting for a year? I would think though that this would make it run rough but not run on only 2 cylinders. Or maybe the computer was programmed wrong? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Noah
    noastoy@san.rr.com :-[

2. hammerhead

hammerhead

Fresh fuel. Todays fuel only has a shelf life of a few months. Also, you could be right about injectors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.