VintgeTEqParts FJ / BJ / HJ 60 / 62 Series Technical Solutions ........ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you can some how share the file , maybe a VECTOR type , i can get the Decals printed up for you Mr. Spook ............ :)
That's the intention behind using Illustrator versus Photoshop. IIRC the factory decals are a foil based, right? Be cool to have exactly that with a design that'll cover the few of us with 5spd & twin stick combos.

I also need to get my butt to a post office so I can get those lock cylinder cores on their way back to you....

That's the intention behind using Illustrator versus Photoshop. IIRC the factory decals are a foil based, right? Be cool to have exactly that with a design that'll cover the few of us with 5spd & twin stick combos.

the glove Box Decals i do not believe are foil based ?

they are a interior decal and do not need the HEAVY duty heat resistance of foil ?

i will get with my decal Chick , at the shop im dealing with and get the 411 ..........

would you like a ARACO one Mr. Spook , Professional Sample ..........?

i have seen it on the passenger door lower on a 62 ..........

the glove Box Decals i do not believe are foil based ?

they are a interior decal and do not need the HEAVY duty heat resistance of foil ?

i will get with my decal Chick , at the shop im dealing with and get the 411 ..........

would you like a ARACO one Mr. Spook , Professional Sample ..........?

i have seen it on the passenger door lower on a 62 ..........
Turns out my decal is actually NOT an ARACO decal! It's from another plant in Japan. I'll take a pic tomorrow in the daylight and post it.

Original ARACO in place i used as reference when i reproduced it .......

1989 FJ62 USA Spec.

DSCN1715.JPG
DSCN1720.JPG

well ..............

we have them too . :D
Mine's still in surprisingly good shape, though now that I know I can get new ones, Ill probably order one anyway so I can remove the old one for paint and then put a new one in its place....

Mine's still in surprisingly good shape, though now that I know I can get new ones, Ill probably order one anyway so I can remove the old one for paint and then put a new one in its place....

could your render this for me ?

in illustrator , i want to make small bumper stickers , and include on in every order as a Gratitude Cereal Box Prize !~

IMG3 - Copy.jpg

could your render this for me ?

in illustrator , i want to make small bumper stickers , and include on in every order as a Gratitude Cereal Box Prize !~

It wouldn't be too difficult, aside from the Japanese writing. Without an actual TrueType font of it I'd have to draw them out manually with the mouse and that gets very time consuming.

It wouldn't be too difficult, aside from the Japanese writing. Without an actual TrueType font of it I'd have to draw them out manually with the mouse and that gets very time consuming.

i will skool you on the way around all that ...........via PM

i need some input and i am gauging interest also , regarding moving forward with this UNICORN NOS Rascal i have able to secure ....

my big #1 question is was this on every usa spec FJ60 series / 2F from 8/80-9/87 ?

or

was it a later thing ?

i cant find much info anywhere on part # that died in 1988 :confused:

DIY says it was a constant ?

i don't ever recall seeing one , but i was not looking for it either ?

this is a BIG B#stard too 5.5 inches wide x 4 inches tall approx .....

its huge ! and killer Kool too in my opinion ... :D

so ................

Part 17792-61033 (PLATE, ENGINE VACUUM HOSE INFORMATION) was found on the following models:

Date rangeModelFrames/OptionsFound in diagram
08/1980-09/1984TOYOTA LAND CRUISERBJ42,FJ4017-09: CAUTION PLATE & NAME PLATE (ENGINE)
Model Dates:Matching Models:Model Options:Links to diagrams:
08/1980-09/1981FJ40L-KJAUSA, TP, 2F, 4F, RB, TPS17-09
08/1980-08/1983FJ40LV-KCJAUSA, VAN, 2F, 4F, VKC, RB17-09
08/1980-07/1987TOYOTA LAND CRUISERBJ60,HJ60,FJ6*17-09: CAUTION PLATE & NAME PLATE (ENGINE)
Model Dates:Matching Models:Model Options:Links to diagrams:
08/1980-07/1987FJ60LG-KAUSA, WGG, 2F, MTM, 4F17-09
09/1986-07/1987FJ60LV-KAUSA, WGV, 2F, MTM, 4F17-09

2F emissions.jpg
2F emissions  3.jpg
2F emission s3.jpg

For what it is worth, I found this in my microfiche file. I'm surprised there are so may different variations. I have a california spec (I think) 1985 and I'll grab a photo of the plate later today.

Attachments

• emission control plate.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 262
My 1985 has one. I promise! If you want a better picture I’ll have to start taking stuff apart.
View attachment 2418888

no your good

now i understand , its not under the hood ?

no wonder i could not find ity

its on the inner fender ?

really ?

The 60 series community might just have to change that SH#T ! ,........................

i vote relocation stand alone thread with a VOTING YEA or NAY option by the thread starter

then the apples and seeds of positive practice change will take form for the good of the community

ill call it " The alternative PTO winch mounting emissions decal location " :D

For what it is worth, I found this in my microfiche file. I'm surprised there are so may different variations. I have a california spec (I think) 1985 and I'll grab a photo of the plate later today.

please do ,

the term federal or california is NOT on that decal at all

under the fender location

now im really :mad: @ stupid 1985 toyota disco engineers !

It is on the right side inner fender. There are a bunch of ac hoses and wires (fusible link, etc) that obscure a good picture. And yes there is no indication of which version it is.
I’m busy tomorrow but I’ll try to get a better picture on sunday.

It is on the right side inner fender. There are a bunch of ac hoses and wires (fusible link, etc) that obscure a good picture. And yes there is no indication of which version it is.
I’m busy tomorrow but I’ll try to get a better picture on sunday.

my current hopeful theory to help me suck up the initial art work and rendering fees , associated with reproductions Decals as a whole is :

- the 1981 2F red emissions manual covered all the way to 1987 right , or was there a model year revised i have never seen yet in 30+ years of land cruiser driving age life ?

- other then a California spec. differences , does this decal stay tru to form from 81-87 2F FJ60 ?

- now lets think outside the TEq Box shall we ..........is this a FJ40 Only decal or covers both models in tandem some how ?

- my gut says there had to be some subtal changes and updates to that diagram over 7 long full production years perhaps ?

- perhaps NOT ?

- lets just say it does cover 81-87 fj60 2f federal emissions in full , then i say to my self hell yes , pay the piper and reproduce say a initial LOT RUN of maybe 100-200 pcs .....

i ask wife for company Credit cad and make magic Live once again .........:)

but , like OBI WAN says : patience .......

Here are some better pictures from my 1985. The vacuum routing diagram doesn’t have any identifier except 2F and USA. The other emissions sticker says it is California spec for 1985
093A3410-9F6A-4C4D-8C60-EC756B392015.jpeg
3A5A8CBA-F7D6-4F3D-827E-E92615A3889A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom