Bj 60 recirculating cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to install a 1500w recirculating coolant heater on my cdn version BJ60 with 3.4 diesel. Is there a port to tap into in lower block of engine. ? I have a regular vlock heater but it doesnt get engine warm enough to start properly on really cold days. Also what should be cycle time for glow plugs ( i have system with orange light) . Mine only stays on for about 5-8 seconds. My older mercedss diesel wagon feom Europe starts at -20 nor even plugged in but glow plugs cycle at least 20 seconds then. I do plug it in but sometimes whenninparkjon cold dayssomewhere else it still stRts like a champ. Vs the toyota

There is a good chance that the 1500 watt tank heater wil not give you much, if any more heat into the block than the standard 400-600 watt freeze plug heater. The higher wattage is mainly to offset the heat shed outside of the engine. :(

Generally the drain plug is where an external tank heater is plumbed to for the draw side and it is plumbed into the heater hoses or a t added to a heater hose fitting in the head for the output side.

A second freeze plug heater would likely be a better approach than the tank heater.

You probably know this, but FWIW, the freeze plug heater also circulates the coolant convectively, the same way as the tank heater.

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom