Victory bumper install write up with pics - disappointed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been in manufacturing. That should have never left the building.

As to getting your money back. Let's see, you waited 3 months. Installed junk, had to remove junk and repackage it, had to wait for the refund. Then had to wait for another bumper from a different vendor or re install your original. From my perspective you were unpaid quality control and testing. I don't like working for free.

They should give you your money back, let you keep the junk to not inconvenience you further and apologize for letting junk out he door. Or, have the junk shipped back at their expense to see where they screwed up and offer you a good one for free. THAT would be good customer service.

All I see is BS excuses.

I was going to order one of their bumpers for a GX460. Not now.

I will say I hit my metal fence post at about 20mph with my Victory bumper and the bumper held up fine. It did move and dent my fender a bit thought.

One other thing I am curious about is if your credit card was charged in full at the time of order.

If so, they were using your money as working capital for free for 3 months. That might not end well.

One other thing I am curious about is if your credit card was charged in full at the time of order.

If so, they were using your money as working capital for free for 3 months. That might not end well.
Nope. We hold customer deposits and don’t acknowledge revenue until the ship date. We’ve been manufacturing Offroad parts for 17 years, we are not hacks.

Those welds should be full penetration. I bet those pieces weren’t even beveled and it was a single root pass on the front.

To be fair, I think all you'd need on a 1/4" butt weld is one pass. But hey, what do I know... I'm just a certified online weld inspector.

I've been in manufacturing. That should have never left the building.

As to getting your money back. Let's see, you waited 3 months. Installed junk, had to remove junk and repackage it, had to wait for the refund. Then had to wait for another bumper from a different vendor or re install your original. From my perspective you were unpaid quality control and testing. I don't like working for free.

They should give you your money back, let you keep the junk to not inconvenience you further and apologize for letting junk out he door. Or, have the junk shipped back at their expense to see where they screwed up and offer you a good one for free. THAT would be good customer service.

All I see is BS excuses.

I was going to order one of their bumpers for a GX460. Not now.
And that's fine. If you see what I posted as BS and not me being honest, I guess we are a bad fit for you. There are a bunch of other companies out there for just this reason.

Our website takes full payment as a customer deposit when the product is ordered. We are not some fly-by-night operation that uses that as capital. As you've been in the manufacturing business before, you know that customer deposit is not income until the order is completed and it leaves our building; it's actually a liability on the books. We do this because chasing down payment when an order is ready to ship would be a nightmare from an order volume standpoint. If a customer has an issue with this arrangement they could certainly contact us directly and we could figure another way out, but we guarantee it will end up taking more time because there is always days of delay playing telephone trying to get an item paid for. Or people decide they don't want something after they get buyer remorse and we have to figure out how long to hold an item before we ship it to the next customer.

Is our arrangement perfect? No. And I'd love to have stock on the shelves that ships out the same day, or hell even within 2-3 weeks like we used to before order volumes went through the roof for the whole industry in 2020. Just being honest.

Too many Tacticool InstaBro companies these days. Stick with a major manufacturer of gear (ARB/TJM/Slee) and be fine n’ dandy.
We've been in this business for almost 18 years now.

Geez, everyone's a critic now a days eh? If the vendor realized you were not satisfied and offered a full refund I don't see what the problem is. Sounds like they were willing to make it right.

Our website takes full payment as a customer deposit when the product is ordered. We are not some fly-by-night operation that uses that as capital. As you've been in the manufacturing business before, you know that customer deposit is not income until the order is completed and it leaves our building; it's actually a liability on the books.
Once again, I call BS. Yea, it is a liability on the books, but they got the money now, the buyer may get his product in 3 plus months. Did they buy materials with it? Pay labor? Pay rent? It may be a liability on the books, but unless it is in an escrow account, the money can probably be accessed by Victory.

"Nope. We hold customer deposits and don’t acknowledge revenue until the ship date." Acknowledge revenue??? You got the @$%$# money. Acknowledge or not, it's in Victory's hands. I don't want to play any more accounting word games with Victory. Use your own judgement.

Hey, maybe it's in a segregated escrow account and they never touch deposits. Stranger things have happened I imagine.

There has also been a number of other vendors that have taken deposits and disappeared. Maybe that will never happen with Victory. Maybe Victory has so much money your deposit just sits in the bank . That would be rare for a small business, but possible.

Victory apparently doesn't stock drums of nuts and bolts, but they have so many orders they can't just take a deposit and call to confirm the balance of payment when the order is ready to ship? Victory has a credit card for the deposit, they can charge the balance upon shipping even without playing telephone tag. Other vendors just do that without even taking a deposit. Jus wondering.

Funny thing about a drum of grade 8 nuts and bolts, if you keep it dry, it never spoils. The unit price goes way down when you buy a drum of bolts.

If someone had a 3 month backlog, if a customer just decided to not go though with the order you would just go NEXT. If the manufacturer was not using the deposit to operate, they would not care. The manufacturer is selling all they can make. If you don't buy it, the next guy in line will.

If the manufacturer is a custom shop hammering out one at a time, they can't meet mass produced quality at a price point. They can make some really cool prototypes for pictures though.

I could be totally wrong.

People can spend, give away, lose their money any way they choose. Who was it that said there was a sucker born every minute?

I'm glad I found this thread. Yea iH8mud !!! I'm sure glad I did not place an order with Victory.

The other half of the story revealed. While forum chat can have a tendency to pile on and create some resistance, you've offered a very professional and well considered response & solution for the buyer. 👍
Not entirely true, when asked about metal thickness, victory replies with "that's what the steel mill has been sending us for 20 years". Not anywhere on the detail they present here.

$500 shipping, more like I paid $250 shipping, or maybe they forgot that

Mentioning bolts, now they say "we are a relatively low volume manufacturer", why they mention "OE" we know they are not OE, come on man, that is nothing but lip service

Install video? they state "100 specific install video" then "used a universal video" WHAT?

Who/what company puts a picture of a "prototype", and then uses this as there flag ship model to sell

They say " added more room for flex offroad" I would think with the body and fenders and such bolted to the frame, and the bumper bolted to the frame, if there were enough flex to cause the bumper to hit the fenders/grill, then there is probably some serious structural issues / rust on the frame.

They keep mentioning a return, you know, I just want want I ordered and paid for nearly 4 months ago, Taking the easy way out by offering a return over and over, doesn't sell.

I'm done having a pissing contest. Victory PLEASE contact us via email as we have asked to resolve this matter. Once we come to an understanding, I would be glad to post an update here.

Thanks for your time

Not entirely true, when asked about metal thickness, victory replies with "that's what the steel mill has been sending us for 20 years". Not anywhere on the detail they present here.

$500 shipping, more like I paid $250 shipping, or maybe they forgot that

Mentioning bolts, now they say "we are a relatively low volume manufacturer", why they mention "OE" we know they are not OE, come on man, that is nothing but lip service

Install video? they state "100 specific install video" then "used a universal video" WHAT?

Who/what company puts a picture of a "prototype", and then uses this as there flag ship model to sell

They say " added more room for flex offroad" I would think with the body and fenders and such bolted to the frame, and the bumper bolted to the frame, if there were enough flex to cause the bumper to hit the fenders/grill, then there is probably some serious structural issues / rust on the frame.

They keep mentioning a return, you know, I just want want I ordered and paid for nearly 4 months ago, Taking the easy way out by offering a return over and over, doesn't sell.

I'm done having a pissing contest. Victory PLEASE contact us via email as we have asked to resolve this matter. Once we come to an understanding, I would be glad to post an update here.

Thanks for your time
What credit card did you use? Call them up. Amex would refund no questions asked.

The entire body flexes at the body mount bushings. This is why ARB, etc., specify in their install instructions to leave a minimum of 1/2” gap between the top of the bumper and the bottom of fenders, grill, etc.

People can spend, give away, lose their money any way they choose. Who was it that said there was a sucker born every minute?

I'm glad I found this thread. Yea iH8mud !!! I'm sure glad I did not place an order with Victory.

Why is another man's experience with a brand making you so angry?

I don't like the style of these bumpers personally, but you strike me as the kind of person that would leave a one star review on a restaurant because they were fully booked when you tried to eat there.

And you would be incorrect.

It is a shame it got to this point, but let's not lose sight of a key statement made by the vendor, that if in fact true, speaks volumes to me.

The vendor offered to provide a refund before installation, and the buyer refused and proceeded anyways.

Let this be a lesson to all by quoting Sam from Ronin: "Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt." The vendor acted in accordance with this saying. The buyer/installer did not.

And we all know Sam is baller for firing the bazooka out of the sunroof in the old Benz and getting others to pay his coffee bill even though he didn't drive a Jaaaaaaag.

Last edited:
And you would be incorrect.

Agreed. But so is this... incorrect:
20210424_123920.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom