Victory bumper install write up with pics - disappointed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After 3-1/2 months finally got my front victory bumper. When I first saw this last year, I liked the look and specs, such as 3/16" steel plate with 3/4" tabs for tow shackles. I still like the look and the power coat seems good, but that's about all.

Needless to say, i didn't get what I ordered. After many emails to victory (mitchell) still don't have a resolution, just deniability and excuses. They say the tolerances are off a little and that's what they get from the steel mill, 1/32" off on the bumper and 1/16" off on the shackle mounts.

Pics of the bumper show what appears to be unwelded seams on the inside of the bumper, victory states they weld the outside and grind down, but seems the weld should be all the way through to make a sold piece. Bumper ends have a large gap, a great place for dirt and moisture to accumulate.

Instructions are something I would expect to get from some cheap furniture made in china, seems they pulled screen shots from an install video, that starts with a cruiser and ends with a 4runner. Then when you ask about it,they state there is a disclaimer in the video that it's universal.

Lastly the hardware, why is it not grade 8 bolts,washer,lock washers? Who knows, they have metric bolts and standard bolts, can't they stick with one or the other.

Anyway, after install there is upwards of 1-1/2" gap all the way around, there is no adjustment for this, only small adjustment side to side to get bumper centerd.

At this point we are waiting to hear back again, updates will be provide

20210424_124300.jpg

20210424_123925.jpg

20210424_123920.jpg

20210424_123915.jpg

sadsa.jpg

20210424_102210.jpg

20210424_102214.jpg

20210424_102217.jpg

Inked20210416_162249_LI.jpg

Inked20210416_162227_LI.jpg

Hardware, also showing (3) bolts 13mm and (1) 14mm, they all are listed as 14mm. Original bolts that go on the front of the frame horn have lock washers and washers, there supplied hardware does not.

The green cruiser is the one on victory's site that they built and have showcased here, you can clearly see the gap is small to what I have.

The open bolt hole circled, the bolt provided is too short to fit. Last pic shows bumper with clean welds, but when asked, victory states this is a 4runner bumper, but it's included in the cruiser video.

20210424_111658.jpg

20210424_110436.jpg

20210424_120307.jpg

Inked20210424_123935_LI.jpg

InkedV100FS-0_1_LI.jpg

49848.jpg

Last edited:
This is unfortunate, but there are other threads reporting similar experience. Hopefully they're able to address these QC issues
Yeah, this is like thread #3 or 4 in the last couple of months with similar complaints about victory 4x4.

Yeah, this is like thread #3 or 4 in the last couple of months with similar complaints about victory 4x4.

Unfortunate because they offer a well designed hybrid-style bumper for the GX. I'd already placed an order but tempted to hold off until the QC is ironed out.
44DE0614-494A-418E-8512-C4242D94D0C1.jpeg
6AA86304-090B-443C-BC1C-13A569905FFC.jpeg

Well ^that^ was unnecessary... making me want a GX460. ;) Seriously though, Victory seems to be taking the Land Rover approach to products - killer design... weak engineering and manufacturing.

Has your vehicle ever been in an accident?

How long have you given the victory guys to address this?

The overall welding doesn't look bad. Not everyone is going for dissent quality and I would guess their price reflects that difference.

Snapping some one inch strips inside the bumper would certainly cut way down on weld time, but also may be a change due to heat soak and twisting of the wings as they cool. Too much heat and I could easily see those wings twisting and being out of wack.

If the bumper is built on a jig which I would expect and hope it to be, it may be why they are pointing to install or other variances.

That being said a lot of shops are using contract welders right now to catch up and QC can vary greatly.

To raise the bumper, you can try loosening the front bolts (and those winch cradle brackets) and sliding washers/shims under that circled area. There might be just enough play in the front mounts to make a difference. That's basically how you adjust height on the Blueberry bumpers.

inked20210424_123935_li-jpg.2654660

Hardware, also showing (3) bolts 13mm and (1) 14mm, they all are listed as 14mm. Original bolts that go on the front of the frame horn have lock washers and washers, there supplied hardware does not.

The green cruiser is the one on victory's site that they built and have showcased here, you can clearly see the gap is small to what I have.

The open bolt hole circled, the bolt provided is too short to fit. Last pic shows bumper with clean welds, but when asked, victory states this is a 4runner bumper, but it's included in the cruiser video.

View attachment 2654657

View attachment 2654658

View attachment 2654659

View attachment 2654660

Looks pretty nice to me. What are you trying to do get a partial refund or something?

Honestly after my experience with this bumper, I would have rather just bought a slee/ dissent/ or ARB and had no hassle to deal with.

Man that’s unfortunate, even my TJM fit better then that. Now personally dealing with custom bumpers for the rear, sometimes even the best company’s make mistakes. I hope they get you taken care of.

I’d yank it off, put it back on the pallet and ship it back. Find another option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom