VERY LITTLE ENGINE POWER (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My fj100 2000 has been sitting out for 5 days in the VERY cold and I started it up and let it run for about 15 minutes. Once I started to drive the ENGINE LIGHT, VSC TRAC & VSC OFF lights were on and the engine had very little power. When you floor it the engine doesn't rev and it only goes about 5MPH.

A separate issue is when you do a three-point turn the car jerks like 4x4 is on vs All-Wheel Drive. Not sure if these are related issues.

Does anyone know how to fix either issue and is it a CPU issue?

CD638DB2-0EC8-4044-824D-00B65D809F23_1_105_c.jpg

Last edited:
My fj100 2000 has been sitting out for 5 days in the VERY cold and I started it up and let it run for about 15 minutes. Once I started to drive the ABS, VSC TRAC & VSC OFF lights were on and the engine had very little power. When you floor it the engine doesn't rev and it only goes about 5MPH.

A separate issue is when you do a three-point turn the car jerks like 4x4 is on vs All-Wheel Drive. Not sure if these are related issues.

Does anyone know how to fix either issue and is it a CPU issue?
Are you really putting the pedal all the way to the floor, no floor mat underneath? There should be a small amount of power when floored if the accelerator is working at all. In that case it may be the Throttle Position Sensor, codes should tell you: TPS/APPS problems - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/tps-apps-problems.127474/

I had a similar issue in the cold with a 99 lx a few years back. Sounds like a TPS issue as mentioned above.

Get a bluetooth OBDII reader off Amazon or the like (under $20) and download the "Torque Pro" app to your phone and sync them up. Plug it in and turn the car on and it will pull codes.

Cheapest way to do it and then you can use it in the future while driving to monitor things with the phone unlike a wired code reader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom