Valve joints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

what are "joints valves"????????
I have oil leaking from the gasket/joints that covered the valves. Don't know what they exactly called but these joints are similar to rings preventing the oil to reach the combustion room. Thus, it needs to be replaced and I want to know if im obliged to change the head gasket too?

Those are spark plug tube seals, they should come in a new valve cover gasket set. And NO you don't need to replace the head gasket to replace those other seals.

If you have oil leaking down the sides of the engine frrom above, the cause could be from an old cracked Valve Cover Gasket. If oil is inside the spark plug tubes that would be from old hardened seals for the spark plug tubes, also located in the valve cover.

If the problem is burning oil then watch the video link above in post #3.

------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a couple of videos, let us know if this what you're problem is:

-----------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------

And here's another link, Part ONE of a FIVE Part series for
how to change your Head Gasket (which also shows the valve
cover being removed). After watching each video go to the next
video in the series:

Last edited:
Those are spark plug tube seals, they should come in a new valve cover gasket set. And NO you don't need to replace the head gasket to replace those other seals.
U mean also the valve seals can be replaced without changing the head gasket ?

Watch the video link in Post #3 above

Can they be replaced without changing the head gasket?

Valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and valve seals can all be changed without removing the head. Valve seals are the most difficult.

U mean also the valve seals can be replaced without changing the head gasket ?
In order to replace the valve seals with the head still on the block you'll need to first remove the cams, that's a PITA job the first time you do it, don't ask me how i know this. Along with removing the cams and dealing with the timing chain you'll also need some special tools to complete this job.

After reading you're first post above i get the feeling that you have VERY limited experience when it comes to working on cars. So my advice to you, PAY SOMEONE who know what they are doing to do this job for you. In the end you'll thank me, and it'll be some of the best money you'll ever spend!

In order to replace the valve seals with the head still on the block you'll need to first remove the cams, that's a PITA job the first time you do it, don't ask me how i know this. Along with removing the cams and dealing with the timing chain you'll also need some special tools to complete this job.

After reading you're first post above i get the feeling that you have VERY limited experience when it comes to working on cars. So my advice to you, PAY SOMEONE who know what they are doing to do this job for you. In the end you'll thank me, and it'll be some of the best money you'll ever spend!
Also realize, he is in Lebanon. I don't think that's Pennsylvania, either.

Also realize, he is in Lebanon. I don't think that's Pennsylvania, either.

lebanon, what use to be known as the Paris of the middle east before war, and conflict ravaged his once beautiful country. I guess from now on I'll need to start spending more time checking out other members by lines before i respond to their question.

lebanon, what use to be known as the Paris of the middle east before war, and conflict ravaged his once beautiful country. I guess from now on I'll need to start spending more time checking out other members by lines before i respond to their question.
I happen to be looking at it while on the computer, so it's easier to see. I don't look when I'm on my phone.

Unfortunately , it was destroyed and bankrupted by the government and politicians, they are all involved in fraud and ignorance...

Unfortunately , it was destroyed and bankrupted by the government and politicians, they are all involved in fraud and ignorance...
Dam, there for a second i thought you were describing the USA.

Add to that 2700 tons of old Fertilizer being improperly stored for ?? went up with a big bang killing hundreds, and no one takes responsiblity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom