Value of LX570 before and after 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One issue without a workaround re: second row HVAC on the 16+ is the seat heaters are not controllable from the front, only the drop down center console.
Ahh oh well. They don’t need to be too spoiled anyway! Plus kids sit in boosters until they’re darn near prom. That’s more for like a couples date night or something when I take the dog cover out

Ahh oh well. They don’t need to be too spoiled anyway! Plus kids sit in boosters until they’re darn near prom. That’s more for like a couples date night or something when I take the dog cover out
My cover stays on the back seat for date night ;)

I bought a 2017 intending originally to buy a 2013-2015. The problem was finding one with low miles and in good condition. It's a lot easier finding a mint newer model year and that's why I went with it.

I'm happy because the extra touches keep the truck modern enough to enjoy.

I bought a 2017 intending originally to buy a 2013-2015. The problem was finding one with low miles and in good condition. It's a lot easier finding a mint newer model year and that's why I went with it.

All this information and I’m basically back at a point where id be completely happy with both! But knowledge is always good.

I thought my wife would like the upgrade but she told me she doesn’t want a new car and likes hers. Hard to blame her, the 14’ GX460 was in immaculate shape when we got it 2 years ago. It’s the nicest car either of us have driven. Now that the interest rates are going up and savings accounts are bringing in close to 3%, I’m going to save up and then buy one for ME! That was way we can keep both and I’ll transition my tundra into a long-term errand truck only. I’m at the point where my work, I only drive 4k mi per year if that. My wife’s the one who does 12k mi, so mine could easily have the AT’s and some mods. The gas-sipping 460 😉 is better for her anyway.

No kidding. Took me two years of searching to find my 2013 with 15k miles roughly a year ago. Made my search even more difficult by only wanting a black over black. By the time I found one in July 2021, of course the prices were on the rise and I paid darn near for my '13, what some have reported getting 18-19's for at covids start. That said, I am super happy I found it.

How many of the Pre 16's had Radar Adaptive Cruise Control?

It's a great feature, going back and forth between my '15 Cayenne Turbo, which does not have it, and my 2016 LX -- I really love the feature on highway driving so does fiance.

My biggest gripe on the 2016 is it feels "too nice" to do home depot runs and drive on dirt roads. I upgraded from a 1999 LX 470 and we are keeping the LX 470 for this purpose.

I'm considering removing the sideskirts and getting 18" wheels after only a week of owning the truck.

I hated the mouse system at first on the 2016 but got used to it after a 7 hour drive and it's bad,, it's very bad, but it's not a dealbreaker bad and I've learned to live with it. One headache is the car was one of the ones that dropped all the 3G support when the networks switched to LTE. This kinda kills the whole Lexus App experience.

One thing I love about Porsche is that Porsche Classic offers Radio Upgrade kits, like the PCCM+ kit for the 911, I wish Lexus would do this and upgrade the "Stock" tech in these trucks, especially as so many hit 20+ year service life. It's unlikely they will though, but considering how many people spring for the ML sound, it would be nice if there was a stock solution that allowed carplay or modern interfaces without having to hack the AUX channel. On to the screens, totally crazy that these screens are worth 2000$ considering how old the tech is in them.

As working rear entertainment screens are worth 2000$ each, if you don't like the screens and the truck you have has working ones,, you could replace them with the covers, then mount ipads there and reduce the price of the truck by 4,000$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom