Value of a LHD Troop Rolling Chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a lead on this 70 series troop carrier that was apparently left on a car lot and someone bought the lot and is trying to get rid of it. I have only had 60 and 80 series before so not too sure on the market for 70 series. This one has no motor or trans so it’s a roller. It is LHD which I believe is rare.
I’m thinking about going to take a look at it but have no idea what it’s worth. About how much would something like this be worth? I appreciate the help in advance.

33F04FD6-CBDA-4BAD-B4AE-27BF3ADE13DA.jpeg

5EAA0B1A-2FF2-4EC5-877A-B2BC4FE43A30.jpeg

F2F1444C-CCE1-4A63-B042-89D3BEE3B366.jpeg

is this something you want? or are you offering up to us?

if its not a rust bucket it will be worth money for clean sheet metal alone.

looks a decent interior.

value though, personal, going to drop an engine in it and fixit up? or will this be a parts car?

sounds like something you can pick up for a couple grand? but its easily worth double that as is even sight unseen

if your passing it along to us i'm looking for enough parts that i'd be interested in buying it.

if its something you want to part out you could make way more than the price you pay i bet,,,, i'll give you a list of what i'm looking for if thats the case.

if its something you want to keep, its all ready for an engine swap.

Last edited:
IIRC @joekatana brought this one in a few years ago. @umpqua might have had it for a while. Maybe one of them will chime in with more info if it’s the car I think it is.

As regards what it’s worth, not to be a wise-ass, but it’s worth whatever buyer and seller agree to. I do know a very rusty LHD troopy sold in CO about a year or so ago for around $6-7k. It had a motor of unknown condition but was missing several parts otherwise and wasn’t drivable.

I imported this one and yes it has rust , Umpqua bought it from me knowing what it was but found a nicer one before this one actually got to the US .
This might be a good project for someone who knows how to wrench and is not afraid of some bodywork neither , anyone who is planning dropping it off at a shop to have it “build” better have deep pockets.

The roof rack is worth $$$. It might be worth something as a parts vehicle. Did these come with fixed windows? Australian market all have sliding side wiondows.

The background is that I bought it from Joe. Had more rust than I wanted to deal with. Had a patched frame and rust around the gutters. I posted it on expedition portal and a guy came up from SF and bought it for 16.5. I did a happy dance. Always wondered what became of it and seriously doubt it would ever get through CA smog.

there’s some serious rust on this truck....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom