V8 Swap, SOA, Paint, Tires, GX470 8 Passenger seating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you you ever put the rear bench in? I'd love to do that and like to hear how it went.

Peter

I ended up not being able to use the lexus setup. I was pretty disappointed. The seats were plenty comfortable but unless your 5"10 or shorter its to tight of a fit height wise. I chopped the seats themselves and the mounts in the 60 to no avail. At the lowest point I could possibly get the seats in I only had a couple of inches above my head and i'm only 6'1". My buddy at 6'5" couldn't even sit straight. Since I couldn't get the fronts to work out I ended up selling the middle rowI was going to use for the rear. I ended up going with a different set of new black leather seats. I'm now going to have the rest of the interior done to match. Carpet is in and front seats are done. Now I just need the rear bench recovered and the door panels done.

As far as updates. I took off the 2" bl. Built a fan shroud. Installed a 10" pusher fan in front of the condenser. I highly reccomend this with a v8 its makes the a/c amazing when doing a lot of in town driving.

I'll update with some pictures when my wife gets back with the camera. The shroud came out pretty good. I built it out of steel this time instead of fiberglass. I also built it as a 2 piece shroud to make getting to the waterpump/fan/fan clutch and radiator really easy. I had to re work the exhaust a bit when I dropped the body lift but nothing to major. I installed some boston door speakers and have a 10" sub in the rear with a pioneer head unit. I want to put in a flip out screen instead though.

The cruiser drives awesome, and is pretty close to where I want it. After about 15k miles on the engine swap its still a pleasure to drive. I don't drive it as much since I bought my work truck a year ago but it does nice running errands around town and the occasional camping trip.

The to do list still:
Track bar- the high angle drive shaft saves me from breaking stuff due to axle wrap but I defiantly want to build one.
I would like to switch to 4.11s from the 3.73s and add an arb in the rear when I do it. With the 35s its works decent but I think 4.11s would be a perfect fit with the 4l60e
Reupholster the rear bench and door panels to match the leather.
I'm looking at new head units. I want something with a flip out screen and a port for a reverse camera(s) and built in GPS.
I need to finish up the rear cargo panels and add in some 6x9 bostons to match the front.
Rebuild steering box or send it off. More likely the latter.
Rebuild Tcase. I wish I would have done this 2 years ago with the swap. ( I really wish I would have went chevy t case and rear axle) but its to far along now.
Chrome tips for the dual exhaust.
Add cruiser control.
Add steering stabilizer. It drives so nice I haven't bothered but figure it can't hurt.
Some sliders and maybe a snorkel so I can look cool. I kinda like the stock bumpers but well see.
That's pretty much the extent of the to do list.
When Everything is completely done I'll have the dings taken out and a really nice paint job done back to the original color, gun metal gray or whatever the dark blue color is.
IMG_0014.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom