V8 Shifters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone recently on my landcruiser I did a v8 vortec engine swap and have a random shifter (not sure what kind) that i'm currently using but would like to switch due to the fact that it sets pretty close to the seats and therefore doesn't give enough room to put a center console in there.

So I was just curious what shifters everyone else is running when they do a v8 swap. Pictures and/or models would be great! I'll try and post some pictures of current set up when I get a chance.

what is your current set up....
Vortec to toyota trans?
vortec to GM trans...
automatic fj62 or manual 60? more info would help.
what tranny do you have 4l60e....h42....h55f....4l80e??

My 1989 FJ62 has a 6.0 and a 4L80E. i am using the stock shifter and like they way it looks. I thought about maybe getting an aftermarket, but do not need it. Good luck and give us more details and pics.

4l60e

Lokar shifter

Fits in factory location, factory boot, works awesome...

DSCN4449.jpg

Winters shifter (700R4) carefully fit into the stock 4 speed's hole and stock GM NP241 t/c shifter carefully modified to fit in the stock t/c shifter location using the OE shifter boot:

IMG_0123.jpg

Both shifters with the OE knobs in place:
IMG_0117.jpg

t/c shifter trial fit:
IMG_0114.jpg

I second the LOKAR shifter.. get the midnight series I got the 16" shifter and after some tweaking.. it has been flawless !!!

Awesome pictures Guys! I defiantly like the set ups i'm seeing currently i'm not at my house but i'll get a picture up in the next few days but just to give ya'll more information I have a GM transmission and a 4l60e tranny. I'll post some pictures up in about 2 days keep the pictures and replies coming its helping a lot giving me some good ideas of whats out there!

Back in 1986 when the TBI V8 went into the 60 there were not a lot of choices for an 4speed auto shifter. A shifter and console from a Camaro worked great so well that when the TPI went in the 40 years later it was used again.
MVC-692S.JPG

My 1989 FJ62 has a 6.0 and a 4L80E. i am using the stock shifter and like they way it looks. I thought about maybe getting an aftermarket, but do not need it. Good luck and give us more details and pics.

Got any pics? Did you use the trailblazer cable linkage?

I'm using the stock FJ62 shifter in mine. You have to lengthen the arm on the trans to make the detents hit. Don't have the length yet. Will post as soon as I get done. matt

Pretty good... I don't use it as a ratchet shifter though... thats not my style

i'm looking at the Lokar web site. Can you guys that put this shifter in tell me which model/part number and length you used? I've got a 4l60e transmission

I I used the midnight series 16"
sorry I don't have the model number..

Manuchao -- i think 'midnight series' just refers to the color. there's a bunch that fit that xmission but they differ on mounting style. do you know is yours is (a) cable mounted (b) mounted directly to the bell housing or (c) mounted to the floor of the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom