V8 in mini (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Going to put small block in son's 83 mini any pros or cons?????
Also looking for bell housing any help welcome have w56 toyota
trans and cases
Thanks
Taylor

A 2" or 3" Body lift will help out tremondously. This will give you more clearance for the tranny and the distributor. It will also allow you to mount the motor higher and away from the front axle. I would really recommend installing a Chevy4.3L V6 Vortec.

That w56 won't last long behind the v8. Go to PBB and do searches - Lots of searches. There's plenty of info. Bottom line: v8, auto, toy tcases are your best option.

do some searching on the pirate board, it's been covered a million times.
i'm planning a 350-sm420-np205 for my 85 mini, but i'll be going to 14bolt-D44 combo too.
if you want to keep your stock drivetrain i would recommend doing the 4.3 swap. more room to work with, and still a hefty power upgrade.
plus your stock drivetrain can handle the 4.3.

Helped a buddy put a ford 302 in a 86 4x4. with 3" BL and new torsion bars it works BUT, it is very tight fit(ford are smaller than chevy) Get awful mpgs and runs hot even w/ two fans and bigger radiator. I would go V6. My $.02

my brother and I put a 350 mated to a built 350 tranny in an '89 with no problems. works great. 36" swampers and cut and turned front axel.

I have done two minis, one v6 one v8. The v6 is by far the cheaper swap and has more options for transmision and transfer cases. The v8 will require springs diffs, trans, cooling and posibly fire wall & rad support work. For my v6 swap i used a rad out of a diesel pu, bolted in to stock location. Advance Adapters kit for T 350 to Toyota case is the way to go so you can use two t-cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom