UPS came today! OBA here we come! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alright, so I psyched everybody (including myself) out with my previous mount. Check out Version 1.2. I like this MUCH better! It tucks in nicely and it leaves a lot more storage space alongside it. :bounce: Sorry about the crappy pics, my DSLR is at work and my point and shoot got stolen, leaving me with my phone :mad:
photo (6).jpg
photo (7).jpg
photo (8).jpg

...more pics...
photo (9).jpg
photo (10).jpg
photo (11).jpg

My Brother-in-law is "storing" my welder... So when I get it back I will weld the joints and add some gussets to it, as it flexes a little bit as it is. A big problem I have is that the floor can actually flex when I jiggle it. I might need to add some support underneath and attach it above as well.
photo (12).jpg

That's a big freaking unit! Wow.

I assume that's the electrical motor at the bottom? If so, can you turn it around so that it's on top? Just in case you have a leak from the compressor, I'd hate for it to ruin the electrical motor.

I don't know if you're planning on a cargo drawer system in the rear but if you're that'd be a good place for this heavy unit. The unit can sit horizontally on the floor and not stress any mounting locations when you're wheeling in the rough stuff.

That's a big freaking unit! Wow.

I assume that's the electrical motor at the bottom? If so, can you turn it around so that it's on top? Just in case you have a leak from the compressor, I'd hate for it to ruin the electrical motor.

I don't know if you're planning on a cargo drawer system in the rear but if you're that'd be a good place for this heavy unit. The unit can sit horizontally on the floor and not stress any mounting locations when you're wheeling in the rough stuff.

Good observation, but luckily it's an oil-less unit, and the motor is supposed to be a sealed unit as well. I haven't made my mind up about drawers, and if I do it it will be awhile. I definitely need to beef up the current mount though. A little more tweaking and it will be good I think. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom