O2 sensor came off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so last weekend i was plowing snow with the 80 and my exhaust from the CATS was always questionable. leaked and just getting me by. so anyway i got stuck in the snow last weekend and while i was rocking it out the snow got wedged up around the CAT and removed the rusty pipe between CAT and muffler. a funny shaped piece. well that no biggie i can put apiece back there. but it also took out the back O2 sensor. i know i need it for the computer to run better or do i? but can i just get anyone. can i just not put it back. can i just put both of them by each other and redo the CATS and everything.

1705692898601.png

wiring got cut right at the plug. i dont feel like there is enough there to even splice it back together

i was thinking like this
1705693919915.png

or is that the front one, i need the back one
hmm

Order the Denso unit from Rock Auto. I think you're looking for the downstream sensor.

Rear O2 Sensor Denso 234-4153 (Amazon)
Front O2 Sensor Denso 234-4157 (Amazon)

If the plug is cut on the sensor side of the plug, OK. If it's cut on the truck side of the harness, then, no good.

You can do a bypass on all (Since you don't have emissions testing), but you will run a bit worse gas mileage (probably not even noticeable). There are diodes or whatever to plug into the harness to fool the computer into deleting the ERGR as well as the O2 Sensors.

Do a search here for the bypass. Someone else may chime in.

Rear O2 Sensor Denso 234-4153 (Amazon)
Front O2 Sensor Denso 234-4157 (Amazon)

If the plug is cut on the sensor side of the plug, OK. If it's cut on the truck side of the harness, then, no good.

You can do a bypass on all (Since you don't have emissions testing), but you will run a bit worse gas mileage (probably not even noticeable). There are diodes or whatever to plug into the harness to fool the computer into deleting the ERGR as well as the O2 Sensors.

Do a search here for the bypass. Someone else may chime in.
ohhhh a bypass you say.... :)

"I know i need it for the computer to run better or do I ?"

All the above, but if it's just the rear O2 sensor that's disconnected in a 96 model FZJ80 that won't have any effect on the engine/computer. It will just set a code and the Mil (check engine) light will come on. The front O2 sensor is the critical one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom